What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not up until 07:30 spoiling myself now...BP was still rising as of yesterday...I've stopped taking readings for the moment in case my anxiety is exacerbating the problem...coffee is my saviour in these times...feeling 'edgy' about my appointment with Dr Dreadful on Thursday already...still another three days then I shall have the benefit of his expertise...or his approbrium for 'bucking' the surgeries protocol...woke to a 5.6

M

Member496333

Bubbsie, I just noticed that according to your signature you are taking 500 grams of Metformin per day. That’s half a kilo. No wonder your blood sugars are good :hilarious:

Sorry, I just noticed it and thought it was funny. I’m very sure you mean 500mg. Oh and I don’t know how to tag/mention :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 today and no idea why. I hear heavy snow coming my way Tues/Wed so better get ready. Lots of errands to do today and chase the elusive roofer whose work before Christmas didnt stop the leak! Hope you all have a more exciting day.
@johnpol hope the cold gets better, lovely news about fossie dog.
Have a good Monday. Stay well, get better, stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Bubbsie, I just noticed that according to your signature you are taking 500 grams of Metformin per day. That’s half a kilo. No wonder you’re blood sugars are good :hilarious:

Sorry, I just noticed it and thought it was funny. I’m very sure you mean 500mg. Oh and I don’t know how to tag/mention :oops:
Look again Jim it says 500 twice daily that would be a Kilo. then goes down to 500 daily so that at least is a reduction of half a kilo. an improvement I think.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could the coffee be a cause of the higher BP readings?
Hi Prem...I've had stable blood pressure for just over two years now...started off with 200/110 mid 2016 (which my GP missed) started on BP meds which I managed to ditch in January 2017...since then usually 129/78...my morning routine hasn't changed...I always start with coffee...I'm taking readings at different times of the day...it seems to rise steadily as the day progresses.

Reactions: SaskiaKC and dunelm

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bubbsie, I just noticed that according to your signature you are taking 500 grams of Metformin per day. That’s half a kilo. No wonder you’re blood sugars are good :hilarious:

Well if I had been taking 500 grams a day Jim I'd be complaining my BG wasn't lower...well spotted...odd you would raise that now...just about to stop taking the Metformin completely.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
0_Snow-for-Leicester.jpg
Morning All. 6.7 today and no idea why. I hear heavy snow coming my way Tues/Wed so better get ready. Lots of errands to do today and chase the elusive roofer whose work before Christmas didnt stop the leak! Hope you all have a more exciting day.
@johnpol hope the cold gets better, lovely news about fossie dog.
Have a good Monday. Stay well, get better, stay safe.

Looks like there's going to be a lot of a certain kind of snow about.

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@johnpol @SB.25

ya both got a bit of unwellness going on, so i guess those scores reflect that.
wishing you both a speedy recovery, and lower figs in the days to come.:)

aw @Bubbsie , sorry to see the 'joy' of meeting Dr Dreadful has your BP on the rise.
but at least i got my 'word of the day' from your post.
( i'll be trying to drop that into one at least conversation today,...:D )

and @shelley262 , once again to coopers rescue,...you star...:)

Have a good day all.
london's showing up on the weather maps, as a suspiciously sunny day, and should stay dry...

mmmh...think it's the long way into work today,
pop the old layers on, and get that fix of smugness, while i dance through the traffic..:D
never hurts to start honing them skills again...springs not too far away..
dance.gif

(it'll freak them out if i arrive with a smile on my face..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: )

Morning scores, a semi decent 5.7....
(late night treat..2 squares 85% broken up into tiny pieces, in a small bowl of cream nom, nom, nom )

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.0 - I had a feeling that run of 7s was going to come to an end at some point. Never mind, will have to be especially virtuous today. Off out to meet a chum for coffee in a while and then taking Mr P down to the hospital this afternoon to get his eyes sorted out. He has glaucoma. He is not diabetic. I didn't know that non diabetics got glaucoma until he got it. I will bring the book I am reading - a thriller - to keep me occupied while he gets examined. Lovely and sunny here in London today, but cold cold cold! Hope everyone is doing well today.

P

M

Member496333

Well if I had been taking 500 grams a day Jim I'd be complaining my BG wasn't lower...well spotted...odd you would raise that now...just about to stop taking the Metformin completely.

Ha! Spooky. That’s great. Best of luck. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Honestly 500mg probably isn’t doing a whole lot anyway. When I quit my final half-kilo of Metformin I saw very slightly raised fasting numbers but nothing to worry about.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
. Oh and I don’t know how to tag/mention :oops:

Morning Mr lahey

if you place the ampersand @..and then begin typing the persons avatar name, (minimum of 3 letters)
the system will show you matching pics..usually i need to add a few more letter before it shows the person i need.

..sort of @Jim Lahey

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

well curses! just when I think I'm getting the hang of maintaining my weight and fbg my weight has crept up every week for the last 5 weeks when it had been sort of oscillating around the same weight for some months before :sorry:
Back to the carb/caloric drawing board for some tweaking I guess, perhaps my body doesn't appreciate the cold weather - that's my excuse anyway ;)

Never mind - at least it didn't snow here although we did have a snow warning, it's not very warm but I will 'definitely' be having a walk shortly :)

Hope your Monday treats you kindly :)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I've got a lot of reading to do from the url's you good people have left in your posts but just reporting in . A flat 6 this morning. I have the diabetic eye screening appointment this morning, so will be seeing bright lights for a few hours. Have a good day all

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ha! Spooky. That’s great. Best of luck. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Honestly 500mg probably isn’t doing a whole lot anyway. When I quit my final half-kilo of Metformin I saw very slightly raised fasting numbers but nothing to worry about.
I take Warfarin (indefinitely) Jim...every time I change medication whether stopping or starting it my INR levels change dramatically...it happened with the BP meds...when I ditched the 2nd dose of Metformin...so I'm waiting for them to be stable for at least three consecutive appointments...going to the anti coagulant clinic weekly atm...once I get those appointments extended the last Metformin will go.

Reactions: DJC3 and OrsonKartt