What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that the same weather app that changed its prediction, hour by hour last week from snow to fog to wind to rain to sun?
Most definitely. The app is about as reliable as the actual weather people on the tele!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone 4.3 today. How is everyone? Today my mum is going to put a new bed cover which I got yesterday on the bed :) then tomorrow we are taking my nanny out for fish and chips for her birthday (I know it doesn’t sound like a lot but as she has dementia a chip shop is more comfortable for her than a restaurant and there are lots of old black and white photos in the chippy of where my nanny lives) have a nice day everyone:)
The thought behind the chip shop outing makes it seem perfect for you nanny. It is not the glitz or glamour of the place but how suitable it is for the person IMHO

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning All. 6.2 at 08.30. I think I’ve got flu not a cold...went to bed at 8pm after failing to finish two scrambled eggs. But couldnt sleep for hours because of legs and back aches and teeth! Typical first year I got the vaccine! But I know it will pass and lets be honest nothing in the pool of health issues some of you deal with all the time.
Poor OH getting odd meals from the freezer and trying to steer clear of the germs!
Hope you all have a good Thursday. Stay well, stay safe.
Get well soon

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Morning everyone 4.3 today. How is everyone? Today my mum is going to put a new bed cover which I got yesterday on the bed :) then tomorrow we are taking my nanny out for fish and chips for her birthday (I know it doesn’t sound like a lot but as she has dementia a chip shop is more comfortable for her than a restaurant and there are lots of old black and white photos in the chippy of where my nanny lives) have a nice day everyone:)
I think that is a great idea for your nanny. She will enjoy her birthday and it will stir up lots of happy memories for her. Hope you all have a lovely time. I love new bed linen, all lovely and crispy!

P

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.2 meh. Getting myself all organised to go away for a couple of days tomorrow to the Cotswolds to improve my melodeon playing with some friends. I am not terribly good so need all the help I can get. Ordered breakfast in the hotel so I get a nice fry up. Going to watch my carbs like a hawk even if it does mean I cannot be a self-respecting morris musician and drink beer. My friend has promised to demolish my share as she still makes her own insulin. Bringing my computer with me so will be able to post in in the morning - it's a good discipline for me.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

@SaskiaKC - Monty is speaking to me again today :)

P

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgot to post yesterday but was a 13.4 yesterday..... felt very ill all day.

Spoke to the DSN who told me to increase my insulin further and woke up today at 9.6 :) very happy to finally get a single figure!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.2 meh. Getting myself all organised to go away for a couple of days tomorrow to the Cotswolds to improve my melodeon playing with some friends. I am not terribly good so need all the help I can get. Ordered breakfast in the hotel so I get a nice fry up. Going to watch my carbs like a hawk even if it does mean I cannot be a self-respecting morris musician and drink beer. My friend has promised to demolish my share as she still makes her own insulin. Bringing my computer with me so will be able to post in in the morning - it's a good discipline for me.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

@SaskiaKC - Monty is speaking to me again today :)

P

I'm glad to hear that. :) The KittenCat is talking to me this morning, quite loudly, because once again I have opened a can of Fancy Feast and she has decided she doesn't like Fancy Feast. Unfortunately for me, because the last time I went shopping for cat food they had it on a good sale. Oh, well, back to the store brand. I have supplemented her breakfast with people sardines this morning until I can get to the store.

Your trip to the Cotswolds sounds like fun. I stayed in Stow-on-the-Wold for a few days 40-odd years ago. Lovely visit and met some nice people -- and two lovely dogs too -- but no one to play music with. That would have been fun!

5.7 for me this partly sunny morning 18 degrees at 8:42 am in February is ridiculous!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...it peed down here last night...hope it doesn't continue!...reasonable sleep...good coffee...just woke to the energy bill online:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed: it's a shocker...Hoping BG is settling down now woke to a 5.8

I thought about you and Harry yesterday. A new friend took me out shopping, and as we drove out of the parking lot I saw a handsome fawn? and white Bulldog being walked.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought about you and Harry yesterday. A new friend took me out shopping, and as we drove out of the parking lot I saw a handsome fawn? and white Bulldog being walked.
Just told Harry Saskia...he says there can't be another one as handsome as he is...he sends you this as proof...honestly he is so vain

samll Harry by the fire.JPG

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgot to post yesterday but was a 13.4 yesterday..... felt very ill all day.

Spoke to the DSN who told me to increase my insulin further and woke up today at 9.6 :) very happy to finally get a single figure!
Forgot my tester in work today so checked now I’m home and levels 15.0 - how did that happen when I ate nothing different!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
think I’ve got flu not a cold...went to bed at 8pm after failing to finish two scrambled eggs. But couldnt sleep for hours because of legs and back aches and teeth! Typical first year I got the vaccin

Hope you feel better soon.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What’s going on? Glucose/RX vs Libra

Note: the spike on the graph is time in the sauna.

upload_2019-2-7_18-25-38.jpeg