What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just told Harry Saskia...he says there can't be another one as handsome as he is...he sends you this as proof...honestly he is so vain

View attachment 31158

Harry, you are certainly a very handsome fellow. I only saw the other Bulldog from across the street and inside the car. I'm sure that up close he could not hold a candle to you!

I did meet a very handsome Bulldog years and years ago in Stow-on-the-Wold, but he was a brindle so doesn't count. (Although he might have been your great-great-great-great-great-uncle.)

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm

hi mate, i Did say i will be watching again and commenting later.

and now i REALLY do feel like i'm doing "BIOLOGY #101 " since i joined on here, with all the interesting and fascinating details of just how bits of us work

--------------------

Ok..i'll be honest...most of that was WHOOSH..right over my head....:***::wideyed:

I felt like it was being explained to me how the transporter system would ACTUALLY work on the Enterprise by Scottie or probably more appropriately spock..as it's all SO logical..o_O

With an unspoken understanding that i had SOME degree of knowledge of how peoples cells are broken down and transmitted across light years of space...(i don't :woot::***:)

BUT that's not to say it wasn't fascinating and Informative...it was VERY much on both scores.

i did however have to wait to the end before i really UNDERSTOOD any of it..
(CHIPS..i really understand chips..and fats , well i do now, a little bit..ok a TINY bit..:bigtears:....;) )

SO..for the brain dead like me..and as i thought it made SUPER sense at the end.

i broke it down as i see it..please correct me if wrong..(highly likely )..
( F/Fwd to 35.40 mins/secs )..OVERVIEW is 42.10 then freeze screen to read...then do NOT miss 42.30 onwards.

Legend:
Palmitic acid = saturated fats..butter, etc
oleic acid.= olive oil. mono unsaturated fats
Linoleic acid =.vegetable oils.

LOCAL insulin resistance..= GOOD
* it allows the FUEL (carbs / fats/ ) to be accepted as FUEL INTO the cell (ADIPOSE cell) and no more then needed.
rest is returned to blood stream to be used, that makes us FULL.

SOME fuels, make our cells work on the FULL principle..so not overworked and excess diverted and used elsewhere.
(satiated )
OTHERS switch that OFF..so like a large concert or club, the Safety assessment is only SO many.
Saturated fats ( GOOD ) meet the bouncers on the doors, get told full..so get turned away.
Linoleic acids..vegetable oils, (BAD ) get to the door, bouncers on a break, so flood into the club/cell and create mischief.

The SWITCH off using SOME fuels..allows the cells to KEEP on accepting MORE fuel then it can safely handle
turning that excess in body FAT..= Obesity
Linoleic Oils also allows THAT fuel to be SUPERCHARGED and turn it into EVEN More fat per food (calorie) = MORE obesity sooner

He seems to be suggesting that, THAT switch AWAY from saturated fats IS what leads or led to the Obesity epidemic.

Very much food for thought, and as to the "cook at home"....GREAT ADVICE..
BE your Bodies DOORMAN..keep the BAD at Bay.

And isn't that THE basic principle we all KNOW to be the truth...as it VISIBLY WORKS for US.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Privileged to be here among you early bunch of risers. Been awake since 3am with tummy issues. Dratted bug is working its way down! Tested at 5am and was 6.8 which is a joke all things considered. Who says Diabetes doesnt have a sense of humour. Thanks @trick60 and welcome to @Buena good score!
Take care all of you going out into this dark, wet and windy Friday morning.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all and welcome @Buena
5.1 at 0615
Blooming code in the doze, nostrils blocked with a couple of Olbas inhailers.
Could it be equine flue? Confined to barracks for a few days.
Have a great day if you can, stock up on aloe flavoured tissues if you can’t.