What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning it’s a bit huffy and puffy outside I Potter towards my tester thinking please be low.. I stab and test still thinking please be low -a bit of Jedi mind trick never does any harm - and 4.3 lets hope it’s a sign. My 7 day average is 7.3 ( highest for a long time I’ll do my running mean average for the month. You can take the maths teacher out of the classroom. But she still loves a good spreadsheet to analyse

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all and welcome @Buena
5.1 at 0615
Blooming code in the doze, nostrils blocked with a couple of Olbas inhailers.
Could it be equine flue? Confined to barracks for a few days.
Have a great day if you can, stock up on aloe flavoured tissues if you can’t.

Defo horsey flu..

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I found it hard going in places so mainly watched the pretty pictures.
His take home message:
1. Cut Carbs
2. Meticulously avoid linoleic acid.
3. Eat more at home.

Interesting that, in the USA at least, so I guess everyone else has followed suite, that from the 70’s we have been conned into eating more vegetable fats and more carbs instead of animal fats and very few carbs.

I like his suggestion that when we eat out, we have no idea what our food is cooked in. So a nice juicy steak might be cooked in some cheap vegetable oil.

His hypothesis, together with the Carb - Insulin hypothesis, that short chain fats like Linoeic Acid are messing with mitochondrion energy production and we end up lots of rubbish that just gets dumped and hangs around.
Also when looking at the FADH2/NADH ratios that effect the ATP production and the Kareb Cycle he shows that Palmitic acid found in meat, dairy, coconut oil has a ratio of 0.48, thus pumping out loads of good stuff.
Oleic acid found in olive oil, avocados, chees,eggs is 0.46 and he suggests that this is a bit iffy.
Palmitoleic acid found in oily fish, macadamians, is 0.45 and only has a small effect.
linoleum acid has 0.43 - no good
Glucose has 0.2 - a wrecking ball.
Although these fats are found in combinations in nearly all food stuff he is suggesting meat over any other foods for good energy and mitochondria production (you can do that with exercise also for making more mitochondria).
Officially confused about which century we are now in. Thought we didn't need experts in this Post Truth/Alternative Facts age. Aren't decimal points the way The Elite seek to condescend to us by giving an impression of reassuring accuracy? I can't keep up with disposable/Primark facts.
It is also a modern miracle how all these people get to these conferences, pay bills and clothe themselves on fresh air. The rest of us need money, jobs and are tainted but they are pure because of that miracle. Appears we live in an age which produces an unprecedented number of Saints:angelic:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Officially confused about which century we are now in. Thought we didn't need experts in this Post Truth/Alternative Facts age. Aren't decimal points the way The Elite seek to condescend to us by giving an impression of reassuring accuracy? I can't keep up with disposable/Primark facts.
It is also a modern miracle how all these people get to these conferences, pay bills and clothe themselves on fresh air. The rest of us need money, jobs and are tainted but they are pure because of that miracle. Appears we live in age which produces an unprecedented number of Saints:angelic:
There is that. Don’t know about truths or facts, there can’t be many of those elusive things out there, just the latest rumor. Have to cherry pick and also keep the salt pot handy - especially if it’s from the Himalayas- how did we manage before pink.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
My cold has turned into proper man-flu. Headache, fatigue, snotbags - all of which is reflected in my morning score of 7.5.
I put this down to dehydration rather than infection but who knows. Loading up on the fluids to get fit for the weekend.
No hugs required. Just a darkened room and a duvet.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My cold has turned into proper man-flu. Headache, fatigue, snotbags - all of which is reflected in my morning score of 7.5.
I put this down to dehydration rather than infection but who knows. Loading up on the fluids to get fit for the weekend.
Well you get a (manly) hug anyhow because that is how we roll on here - whatever that means.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is that. Don’t know about truths or facts, there can’t be many of those elusive things out there, just the latest rumor. Have to cherry pick and also keep the salt pot handy - especially if it’s from the Himalayas- how did we manage before pink.
Also seems over 90% of uk population already eat the way matey advocates and escaped type 2. Just us poor few who have been duped by malign forces and ended up here or only us poor saps didn't get the memo. Luckily, there are all these people living on fresh air just to help me. I await their magic formula for World Peace with baited breath but pretty sure it involves eating more meat:angelic:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have to cherry pick and also keep the salt pot handy

Agree.
I see it as s giant mosaic.
Just as pieces get moved around to "fit" the latest understanding, that in themselves, like chaos theories butterfly effect, it has unintended consequences years down the road.

I personally, now I'm more intimately acquainted with just what a delicate machine this seemingly rugged capsule we call a body, actually is.
Pay far more attention to what's being said, rather then the nodding dog I was previously, in awe that others knew so much.

So like on here, I listened, considered, then put some into practice or I have envisaged how that might work in real life.

Have to say, a rather convincing display of a POSSIBLE reason for the obesity epidemic..and by dint the T2D predicted tsunami.
After so long, being warned off fats.. And herded towards the low fat, low cal, high carb diets...you have to question if those who proposed it, really do have all the answers..?

I find from my own personal observations and testimony from many on here, I'm tending towards the word being NO.

Not for me ...I just find the reasoning of so many of the LCHF, community of 'experts' to make sufficient correlation with my experiences to date, that THEY resonate more strongly with me, then the other experts that tend to assert my results must be wrong, because I seem to be improving, DESPITE, swimming strongly AGAINST the accepted wisdom of for want of a better phrase. The "EATWELL GANG"

Discussion AND debate, are the way to thrash out the truth...not to simply DENY, opposing viewpoints, as many seem to find when they return for their next reviews, with great HBA1c results only to be told to cut fats and eat more carbs.... Exasperating barely come close..:banghead:

So, me..I'm all eyes and ears in this glorious multi nutritional universe I now I find myself in.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree.
Just as pieces get moved around to "fit" the latest understanding, that in themselves, like chaos theories butterfly effect, it has unintended consequences years down the road.

I personally, now I'm more intimately acquainted with just what a delicate machine this seemingly rugged capsule we call a body, actually is.
Pay far more attention to what's being said, rather then the nodding dog I was previously, in awe that others knew so much.

So like on here, I listened, considered, then put some into practice or I have envisaged how that might work in real life.

Have to say, a rather convincing display of a POSSIBLE reason for the obesity epidemic..and by dint the T2D predicted tsunami.
After so long, being warned off fats.. And herded towards the low fat, low cal, high carb diets...you have to question if those who proposed it, really do have all the answers..?

I find from my own personal observations and testimony from many on here, I'm tending towards the word being NO.

Not for me ...I just find the reasoning of so many of the LCHF, community of 'experts' to make sufficient correlation with my experiences to date, that THEY resonate more strongly with me, then the other experts that tend to assert my results must be wrong, because I seem to be improving, DESPITE, swimming strongly AGAINST the accepted wisdom of for want of a better phrase. The "EATWELL GANG"

Discussion AND debate, are the way to thrash out the truth...not to simply DENY, opposing viewpoints, as many seem to find when they return for their next reviews, with great HBA1c results only to be told to cut fats and eat more carbs.... Exasperating barely come close..:banghead:

So, me..I'm all eyes and ears in this glorious multi nutritional universe I now I find myself in.
I agree this is all a bit of a "mad riddle" TM Mr D Dyer. What I don't follow is why T2D doesn't affect over 90% of the UK population or why 74% of the same cohort aren't obese. I wouldn't want anyone to stop reading and enquiring or to abandon LCHF WOE. Just a nagging doubt in my mind as to why those points never seem to be addressed. I need to leave it there . I don't understand how my microwave works or how painkillers work (and frankly why should I care?) but I still use them without understanding or liking them. Let's all hug and sing kumbaya:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: neithskye

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think He's already "come by here." Yay!

6.3 on the Richter scale this morning. And a Happy Birthday to Friedlieb Ferdinand Runge, the discoverer of caffeine (as Google informed me when I logged on just now).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree.

There is a lot of it out there.
Just seen someone espousing the glorious new elixir of life cunningly called “snake juice” - and, of course, the “Snake juice diet”.
Basically it’s just an electrolyte and you starve yourself - utterly dumb. Bonkers made for the bewildered.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a lot of it out there.
Just seen someone espousing the glorious new elixir of life cunningly called “snake juice” - and, of course, the “Snake juice diet”.
Basically it’s just an electrolyte and you starve yourself - utterly dumb. Bonkers made for the bewildered.
Cue snake juice month - Snake Juicary has a certain ring to it and is, of course, authentic with a check shirt and beard as well:angelic:

Reactions: Cumberland

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Hot water bottle too