What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Liking the use of the libre..(but pricey)
i think it's value for me wouldn't necessarily be the chance to skip finger pricking, nice though that would be,

it's the ease and convenience of the 24/7 monitoring, of any foods/stresses/exercises/ etc.....:bookworm:
must be so great to have such intimate knowledge of the impact your day to day things have on you minute by minute if required.

what a great learning tool....wish i had got the chance to have one for those first few months.
how fantastic would that have been educationally, to make new type two's MORE aware of the impact of what they are doing re FOOD, and probably more importantly easing those fears that MOST of the time, what you are doing IS helping..

One question..you mentioned the phone app..so could one getaway with JUST the strips, or does it require the READER to instigate some sort of starting process.

Cheers @Debandez .
Enjoy your lunch, be curious to see what impacts other foods have and for how long.

I don't think strips are required just an option. I don't think a reader required just an app. But I'm on a learning curve myself haha. If you find oit let me know :)

Sorry for short reply. Packing for jolies tomorrow!!! Here's a clue. To be sure to be sure. Im hoping to find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow handed to me by a leprechaun!

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Strange to tell according to my family history research my 6th great grandfather was born in New York and his wife in Massachusetts before there was a United States.

Maybe they were distantly related to my Dutch and British ancestors? :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think strips are required just an option. I don't think a reader required just an app. But I'm on a learning curve myself haha. If you find oit let me know :)

Sorry for short reply. Packing for jolies tomorrow!!! Here's a clue. To be sure to be sure. Im hoping to find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow handed to me by a leprechaun!
enjoy your jollies

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s a lovely day for fence painting here, hope you’ve a nice sunny day. I’m thinking it might be quite therapeutic too - a bit of mindfulness with a practical application.

I’ve emailed Thriva to ask for another set. I was stupid to try this morning as I was rushed having promised to do a French plait in daughter’s hair before work at 6am. I should have waited til afterwards. I also should have put my glasses on! I lost a couple of drops down the outside of the tube, what a doofus!

DJC3, if you have trouble getting enough blood, you could use these folks for a standard blood draw, if they'll send you a vacuuvial. https://www.bookabloodtest.com/ Provided you have the paperwork they'll draw the blood for £12. They're phlebotomists, so know what it's about. They'll draw for private or NHS tests.

I was impressed when I heard about them, from one of our local podiatrists who hosts the phlebotomy lady a couple of sessions a week.

Reactions: DJC3

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Strange to tell according to my family history research my 6th great grandfather was born in New York and his wife in Massachusetts before there was a United States.

Me as well. I'm direct descendant of a Roger Terrill (my mom's maiden name) who came to Massachusetts on a boat called the Lion in 1632 (born in 1616 in Stepney England) - he wasn't a Puritan so he didn't want to stay in Boston (can't blame him!) so he went to New York and then Connecticut. He is my 10th great grandfather and the connection has also been verified by y-dna (through my mom's cousin). There is a family rumour (totally unsubstantiated) that he's descended from a Walter Tyrell who shot Rufus, son of William the Conqueror in the New Forest while hunting. Most of my mom's lines were in the United States before the American revolution including those from Scotland and Switzerland (some fought against the British.) Most of her family lines had uncommon names which makes them so much easier to trace.

In contrast, my Dad's people came from the highlands in Scotland to Canada 200 years later in the 1830s, before it became Canada (not in the earliest waves of the highland clearances.) . I've been unable to find the exact boat or year of departure or even his exact place of birth (although there are family stories.) Scottish records are so much harder to trace as they weren't in centralized until much later than England. (My Irish ancestors came even later and after Canadian Confederation.)

I'm a huge history buff.... :)

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
DJC3, if you have trouble getting enough blood, you could use these folks for a standard blood draw, if they'll send you a vacuuvial. https://www.bookabloodtest.com/ Provided you have the paperwork they'll draw the blood for £12. They're phlebotomists, so know what it's about. They'll draw for private or NHS tests.

I was impressed when I heard about them, from one of our local podiatrists who hosts the phlebotomy lady a couple of sessions a week.

Thanks for that. Very useful.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all . 5.3 for me this morning. Loving the discussion about the Libre - making me a bit jealous - hey ho - re the conversation about your heritage , I'm always impressed that there is time to find out that stuff. I bet if I went into it I might be the great great grandson of a witch that escaped burning...Ok that may be a fantasy - have a good day all.

Edited to make early morning thoughts attempt to make sense

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...initially up at 03:48 sod that went back to bed...had another hour and a half's sleep...feeling relatively human now...coffee...breakfast then off to work in Bristol today...all these exotic destinations...how spoilt am I...woke to a 5.4

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
There is a family rumour (totally unsubstantiated) that he's descended from a Walter Tyrell who shot Rufus, son of William the Conqueror
Now there's a coincidence as William Rufus (the red) who was killed by Walter was according to my family tree my 24th great Uncle and his brother Henry, Rufus's that is was my 24th great grandfather.:)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh brilliant thank you! Thriva will provide a phlebotomist if you want but its an extra £50!

Reactions: Goonergal