What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey tense or what Debandez...we had our boiler fitted the first weekend we moved here...blasted nightmare without hot water & heating...well done for being so resourceful and finding the part.
I must admit I was like the cat that got the cream!!!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today

Away in Dublins fair city. It's cracking the flags here. Thought I'd boarded the wrong flight and arrived in Tenerife by mistake! The most amazing Irish breaky was waiting for us at my aunties. Sausage, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, black and white pudding. Wasn't sure if the pudding would effect me. And it didn't! The luck of the Irish (well half Irish!).

Attachments

• 20190221_120816_resized.jpg
    20190221_120816_resized.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 114

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That looks delicious!

P.S. I think I know what black pudding is; what is black and white pudding?

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That looks delicious!

P.S. I think I know what black pudding is; what is black and white pudding?

Black pudding (a sausage made from blood, meat, fat, oatmeal, and bread or potato fillers), white pudding (the same as black puddingminus the blood), and Irish bacon (taken from the back of the pig instead of the belly). Sound disgusting but taste amazing!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No carb loading for me Ian. I'm going to sound like one of those Keto-Warrior types when I call myself "fat adjusted" and say things like "why take your own sand to the beach?"
But it works though. I don't get hungry during when I run provided I keep hydrated and replace the lost salts. I did 14 miles last night after work at a steady pace and could have kept going. It won't be fatigue that gets me, but the risk of injury over the distance - even with the right clothing, taping and lotions something will end up hurting.
Anyway the race is in just over a month, and is 31 miles long. Feeling excited and nervous at the same time.

You will do just great. I'm excited for you, I know how much you love running. Hope you do really well. I know you will!!!

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
5.2 today

Away in Dublins fair city. It's cracking the flags here. Thought I'd boarded the wrong flight and arrived in Tenerife by mistake! The most amazing Irish breaky was waiting for us at my aunties. Sausage, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, black and white pudding. Wasn't sure if the pudding would effect me. And it didn't! The luck of the Irish (well half Irish!).

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Good news is the first sign of daylight here on the east coast is a smidge past 6am. Despite the winter not being too harsh I have missed the light . On the meter- Nexus glucose, I got 5.9 and 5.7 - on the contour next I got 6.4 thats enough blood letting for now...Have a good day all

Edited for spelling

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.2 this morning. Have been having better FBGs this week and I think I know why. OH has been away so I have been eating supper earlier and I have dialled back the portions. No afters also and more LC friendly meals. I have learned a lot though I will still go back to eating with OH at supper time.
@karen8967 this is the boomarang virus, hope you get better soon.
Hope your Friday is good. Stay well, stay safe.