What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, not been on here for a few days. Up early as about to make my way to Gatwick to catch a flight to Budapest. Levels have been remarkably good. I tested a few minutes ago (which is earlier than usual) and was 6.7 :).

I don’t think I’ll have such good control in Budapest as the carb counting will be guess work, but I have all my supplies with me to treat hypers/hypos.

Have a nice rest of the week everyone!
Great news about levels being good. Safe journey and enjoy Budapest.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 today which is ok.
@SB.25 Have a great time in Budapest great start with good numbers.
@Providence 62 hope you too have a lovely break.
@karen8967 sorry about the hypo hopes you are ok now.
I might try and buy some jumpers today since the big cull last week.
Have a great day everyone. Enjoy the sunshine if you see it. Stay well, stay safe.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning everyone. Haven't tested/ posted for a while. fbs was 8.8 at 7.45am. :( Off to do our volunteering today but will test again after a light breakfast and Gliclazide. Enjoy your day one and all.:)

Update: Retest 2 hrs after light breakfast and 1x Gliclazide & beta blocker: 9.8. Also after pre breakfast blood pressure pills. Hope you are all having a good day.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. A surprising 4.5 at 0800. The sun is shining in the dark and dangerous north so must slap on some lard to protect my delicate skin when outside. The grandchildren went back home yesterday afternoon so the house is very quiet and strangely tidy. Have you noticed that after “tidy up time” that there is more stuff lurking about ready to damage your feet should you inadvertently stand on anything.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

no volunteering for us today since mr. gee is still not completely back to 'normal' (well, normal for mr. gee ;) ) and NHS guidance says 'symptom free for 48 hrs.' don't think anyone would thank us for passing his 'dreaded lurgy' on to them:sorry:

We will probably go out somewhere for a walk and perhaps a snack later today since it's looking mild and fairly bright :)

@alf_Josiah I hope the operation was not for anything too serious and you recover quickly :)
@SB.25 Budapest? - sounds good :)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Went to look at another Sausage Dog Puppy last night

We’ve slept on making a decision and this morning we still can’t decide

IMG_1550743435.731218.jpg

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
He looks such a sweetie but can understand the need to think through very carefully after your last trauma which was so sad. Hope you make your decision x

Thanks Shelley

Puppy is a little girl
We are going to arrange a second viewing either this evening or tomorrow evening

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
5.8 today. Apologies that I'm a bit less chatty at present. I am in training for a marathon at the end of March which is taking up a lot of my available time. Fitting in a couple of decent runs this weekend may be a challenge as it's Urchin number 2's birthday party (6 yrs) on Sunday. Anyone for cake? No, me neither.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. Apologies that I'm a bit less chatty at present. I am in training for a marathon at the end of March which is taking up a lot of my available time. Fitting in a couple of decent runs this weekend may be a challenge as it's Urchin number 2's birthday party (6 yrs) on Sunday. Anyone for cake? No, me neither.
You are absolutely excused and fantastic news that you are training for a marathon. Please keep us all informed as and when time permits. No carb loading/pasta party for you then:)

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
You are absolutely excused and fantastic news that you are training for a marathon. Please keep us all informed as and when time permits. No carb loading/pasta party for you then:)
No carb loading for me Ian. I'm going to sound like one of those Keto-Warrior types when I call myself "fat adjusted" and say things like "why take your own sand to the beach?"
But it works though. I don't get hungry during when I run provided I keep hydrated and replace the lost salts. I did 14 miles last night after work at a steady pace and could have kept going. It won't be fatigue that gets me, but the risk of injury over the distance - even with the right clothing, taping and lotions something will end up hurting.
Anyway the race is in just over a month, and is 31 miles long. Feeling excited and nervous at the same time.