What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.6 for me.

@PenguinMum I also find that the time I eat dinner affects fbgs - the later the meal the higher the figure. You’re right though - it has to fit in with the rest of the family. I skipped dinner last night as I was out and got a satifying bg this morning. ( can’t deny I was hungry though)

@Debandez that breakfast looks amazing. Hope the weather stays good for your visit.

@Cumberland a hard decision for you, like @PenguinMum says though, the fact you have taken and posted the photo makes me think you are leaning more towards one side of the argument.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A 4.8 for me today and looks like I’m in for a weekend of hobbling around. Serious case of inflammation in my right hip radiating down my leg :banghead:
At least it’s almost the weekend. Have a good day all

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, 6.1 here and I'm back in the garden. Yesterday, I built the new wood store, chopped the logs and set up the new compost bins before the new shredder arrives. Hopefully all the hedging and tree care will be done by the end of Feb and I can finish the flower beds before the lawns need doing. Musn't forget the 'fairy garden' either. Who knew early retirement could be so relaxing *sighs* :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
Fbg 4.8
Friday ketones 3.5
Off to gym in a few mins - third morning in row but cant go for next four or five days as busy tomorrow and then on Sunday up to mums for hospital appts etc. Wanted to establish a gym habit hence 3 in a row - back to it next week. Extra exercise seems to have put my ketones up and also now at bottom level of my weight maintenance parameters really don’t want to go any lower but would imagine that will settle.
Have a good Friday all.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I know what you mean if I go to bed hungry I struggle to get to sleep so it doesnt happen very often! Btw guess what the leaky roof finally got fixed this week. Only took 10 weeks and just in time for better weather!
@Emma_369 that does t sound at all nice hope it improves quickly.
@HarrisonK you have been busy, very satisfying work and a lovely week for it. We need to “re do” our front lawn which completely died last summer. Started aeriating this week.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 today. Apologies that I'm a bit less chatty at present. I am in training for a marathon at the end of March which is taking up a lot of my available time. Fitting in a couple of decent runs this weekend may be a challenge as it's Urchin number 2's birthday party (6 yrs) on Sunday. Anyone for cake? No, me neither.
I think with all that training you'd be entitled to a piece of cake rhubarb...very impressive... I think I done well with two laps (walking) of our local park.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not up until 07:30...just waiting for the mechanic to arrive...car is running brilliantly yet a warning light on the dash keeps appearing... hope it's something minor...enjoying my coffee & some early morning sunshine...woke to a 5.7

Larbi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all , today is 6.1 , before one moth ago it was around 5.2 :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I gained 5 kg weight from 82 kg to 87 kg now , i am not happy with that .
Can some one have same experienced case as like me ? may help me to return back in the previous case.
Thanks in advance .

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to all donating blood to the pathology labs also the needle wielding wenches that take the stuff, 3 guesses what I am doing this morning.
7.8 on the meter this morning courtesy of a very nice shoulder of dead sheep cooked on a bed of mediteranean vegatables. My body can't take the fats.

Well folks today Mrs J will be supervising our 3 grandchildren and me's, I expect Mrs J will be worn out by this evening hehehehe
I have no idea what you all have planned for today, but make it fun the field is left open all the anti fun brigade will distracted watching my playmates and me's.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. The weekend is approaching and it'll be sunny and relatively warm. Yeah!

@karen8967 -- Hope you'll feel better soon.
@shelley262 -- Keeping my fingers crossed for your mum's hospital appointment. Well done on the gym.
@rhubarb73 -- Impressed by your plans to run a marathon. Quite an achievement.
@Cumberland -- What a cutie. I wouldn't be able to resist -- understand your hesitation though.

Blood sugars this morning were 4.8.

Take care everyone.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

we had a nice leisurely walk in yesterday's windy but mild and sunny weather, very enjoyable :)

another quiet day in prospect for us today I think, I have a couple of jobs around the house to do and will go out for a walk later :)

Maybe going to test making LC roll recipe with a bit of yeast added for flavour, baking them in the oven. Could be a whole new line of hand crafted doorstops ;)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A 4.8 for me today and looks like I’m in for a weekend of hobbling around. Serious case of inflammation in my right hip radiating down my leg :banghead:
At least it’s almost the weekend. Have a good day all
You have my sympathy @Emma_369. Problems with the mercurial jointyMcjointyface are no fun. Industrial quantities of Naproxen for me this week but let's hope your issues disperse faster.
@Bubbsie - 2 laps of the park? The girl Bubbsie dun good TM Mr H Redknapp Esq; @DJC3 good fbgs - lets hope they aren't the Tee2 fake new media; @HarrisonK great work on the log store and log front - hedges really need a digger taking to them. If I missed anyone apologies but I am a very simple soul and approaching pensionable age. The time of life at which one can do and say all kinds of rude, daft and just plain wrong things not to mention dress ridiculously.

Last edited: