What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Driving Ms Bubbsie. I'm a train man myself. Have you tried a park and ride routine, like parking at an outer tube station?
No public transport for me TB...I never know what time I'll be leaving work & I like my own space...music on...foot on the pedal & off we gooooooooooooooo.;)

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning meter readers, (other instruments available on flea bay).
A splendid 5.2 greeted me this am at 0800 when one of my grandchildren whispered, “grandad, grandad, why are you asleep?”
Yes, the Carpet people arrived last night. The conservatory is now a film set for The Seige of Jadotville.
Twins are two years old today and a swimming pool party will unfold this afternoon, gotta love chlorine flavoured cake.
Have a great day if you can, investigate birthday candles under water if you can’t.
Enjoy the twins party dunelm

West335

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 this morning. Finally below 7. Started a few weeks ago with the occasional reading over 10 but most in the 9s. Low Carb diet is definitely working for me as I still get to eat yummy food! I never knew these forums existed when I was first diagnosed, glad I do now, been really helpful

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you draw the line at cardigans, they will unravel all over the sofa and your lap.
If you draw the line at soup, it will spread out all over the table and turn into a Niagara to the floor.
If you draw the line at cats, they will draw the line across you, knock over the soup, and unravel the cardigan as they drag it through the soup into the lines they have drawn across you.

And as for two-year-old twins:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

West335

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can i also just ask a quick Q? Post eating should you do your sugars 2 hours after? The only reason I ask is I came across somebody yesterday who said it should be one hour. I've been checking 2 hours after my meals

Reactions: OrsonKartt

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can i also just ask a quick Q? Post eating should you do your sugars 2 hours after? The only reason I ask is I came across somebody yesterday who said it should be one hour. I've been checking 2 hours after my meals

I think many people check one hour AND two hours after (having checked just before eating as well, for comparison). I've also read that some people check three hours after eating as well.

I'm T2 and rarely check after eating anymore because if I eat something I'm pretty sure will spike my BG, why bother testing to see exactly how much? That's not medical advice, BTW! :)

West335

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think many people check one hour AND two hours after (having checked just before eating as well, for comparison). I've also read that some people check three hours after eating as well.

I'm T2 and rarely check after eating anymore because if I eat something I'm pretty sure will spike my BG, why bother testing to see exactly how much? That's not medical advice, BTW! :)
Yeah i get that I'm just still sorting diet out so checking after seems to make sense. Obviously I want to get into a position where I check as little as possible, as it costs a fortune. I do get strips on prescription but only 50 every few months.

West335

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get two a day free (60/month); if I were to go over that I'd have to pay out of pocket.
Yeah I ended up buying the sd codefree as a backup as their strips are about £7 for 50 as apposed to the gluco RX which are around £17. Still money out of my own pocket but I've come to realise you shouldn't put a price on your health. I know some people don't like the SD codefree but I've checked it again my prescribed meter and seemed accurate to me!

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. I’m with Alf and his mates today 5.8.
Weather calmer in W Sussex which is good for running errands today.
@johnpol hope your levels settle down.
@Bubbsie enjoy your day with Harry and Mr Churchill and the coffee pot.
@True Blue if you are near Sainsburys the do bread called HiLo which is only 5g a slice. I have one slice toasted most mornings. Btw they dont get many in so you may have to ask.
Have a great Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Hi Folks, thanks to you, jjrack and others for bread advice. I now have HiLo in my freezer and Quinoa Ryvita ready to rock, once next week's Clinic visit has passed. Not going to stuff my face, just taste and test, seeing what occurs.