What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to all pet lovers that don't post pictures of their pet, pet pictures make me feel hungry hehehehe.

A low for me 4.6 greeted me this morning, a little worrying as me's have an active morning planned, lower my insulin dose is an answer.

Well folks I have no idea what you have planned for today, but please enjoy it. Smile at stranger trying not to get arrested for soliciting or some other offence.
Ps not a good day for arial sports according to the BBC's work of science fiction and fantasy known to all as the weather forecast.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to all pet lovers that don't post pictures of their pet, pet pictures make me feel hungry hehehehe.

A low for me 4.6 greeted me this morning, a little worrying as me's have an active morning planned, lower my insulin dose is an answer.

Well folks I have no idea what you have planned for today, but please enjoy it. Smile at stranger trying not to get arrested for soliciting or some other offence.
Ps not a good day for arial sports according to the BBC's work of science fiction and fantasy known to all as the weather forecast.
Hope the insulin lowering works and please pass that medal on to Mrs Alf:angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Julie will be up and about eventually - how else would I know which foot to put in front of the other? You missed off chicken whisperer and answerer of inane questions.:angelic: I meant to say thank you for asking after Julie - but I am a method actor and have really started living the role of grumpy old man 2 - new series starting soon.

Turning into a Grumpy Old is I think a perk of reaching our 60s. I take full advantage.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Turning into a Grumpy Old is I think a perk of reaching our 60s. I take full advantage.
I draw the line at cardigans, soup and cats - had that put in my contact. Can't help thinking that sense of entitlement to being a grumpy old has fuelled the whitshow we are now in. Very difficult to look my grandchildren in the eye really - their first words may well be mea culpa if their hearing is working:bigtears:

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Proper mixed bag of emotions and numbers from where I started reading - glad I finshed with @Emma_369. @Goacher55 and @SaskiaKC I can empathise with you to some extent but until someone else has walked the proverbial mile in your shoes it is all a bit of a platitude. @karen8967 and @philchap1 hope the lows soon recover - it is sometimes too easy to see a low number and forget that is a problem for type 1s. Even @geefull has had higher numbers - for her. Then we have @DJC3 lounging in bed, drinking coffee and posting -proper louche. @PenguinMum chimes in with tales of cats:arghh: Bannon and co sure did a number on us lot - disruption to the max. I'm off to make tea and sob into a big vat of it:angelic:
Thank you x

Reactions: HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I must agree, but with the caveat " a disreputable grumpy old git " When challenged growl " Third childhood "

Reactions: geefull and DJC3

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I draw the line at cardigans, soup and cats - had that put in my contact. Can't help thinking that sense of entitlement to being a grumpy old has fuelled the whitshow we are now in. Very difficult to look my grandchildren in the eye really - their first words may well be mea culpa if their hearing is working:bigtears:

I must say I have never thought of cat soup hehehe
Don't start me's on politicians

Reactions: geefull and DJC3

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Proper mixed bag of emotions and numbers from where I started reading - glad I finshed with @Emma_369. @Goacher55 and @SaskiaKC I can empathise with you to some extent but until someone else has walked the proverbial mile in your shoes it is all a bit of a platitude. @karen8967 and @philchap1 hope the lows soon recover - it is sometimes too easy to see a low number and forget that is a problem for type 1s. Even @geefull has had higher numbers - for her. Then we have @DJC3 lounging in bed, drinking coffee and posting -proper louche. @PenguinMum chimes in with tales of cats:arghh: Bannon and co sure did a number on us lot - disruption to the max. I'm off to make tea and sob into a big vat of it:angelic:
Thanks ian x

Reactions: OrsonKartt

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Take care alf hope numbers come up quickly for you x

Reactions: alf_Josiah

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not up until 6am...the luxury of a good sleep cannot be over rated...work has been frantic this last two weeks...at the start of the month I agreed to be on standby for work today...selfishly hope the inclement weather keeps things quiet...I have no wish to drive to London today...woke to a 5.8

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning meter readers, (other instruments available on flea bay).
A splendid 5.2 greeted me this am at 0800 when one of my grandchildren whispered, “grandad, grandad, why are you asleep?”
Yes, the Carpet people arrived last night. The conservatory is now a film set for The Seige of Jadotville.
Twins are two years old today and a swimming pool party will unfold this afternoon, gotta love chlorine flavoured cake.
Have a great day if you can, investigate birthday candles under water if you can’t.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.1 today. Bit meh about that. Added a couple of extra sneaky units to sort that out.

Dropping Mr P off to the station in a few minutes then I will do the weekend shopping. I hope everyone is doing well today and has good stuff planned. I would like to get out into the garden and get on with my planting, but the weather does not look promising. I have a whole lot of seeds to get in (courgettes and beans and a few potatoes for Mr P).

P
XXX

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really? love all three of them. Glad to hear Julie .. running her domain.
You are forgiven on both counts. I see what you did there. Your i key obviously stopped functioning at one point so you were flustered and added an extra n:angelic:

Last edited:

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not up until 6am...the luxury of a good sleep cannot be over rated...work has been frantic this last two weeks...at the start of the month I agreed to be on standby for work today...selfishly hope the inclement weather keeps things quiet...I have no wish to drive to London today...woke to a 5.8
Driving Ms Bubbsie. I'm a train man myself. Have you tried a park and ride routine, like parking at an outer tube station?