What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today - long term members may be surprised that my reaction to that is fine - BMI stays @ 22, resting pulse fine, slept until 6.55 so treatment worked at the overall level.
Edited to add this - which I came across later. Properly schooled today
"Our narrow hearts look always for what's not right or for that one thing more. Contentment vanishes like morning mist."

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

looking a bit grey today but I'll take it over the recent lower temperatures, I'm such a wuss about the cold now! ;)

Today we're taking mum to the bank so we'll treat ourselves to lunch too ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today - long term members may be surprised that my reaction to that is fine - BMI stays @ 22, resting pulse fine, slept until 6.55 so treatment worked at the overall level.
"Our narrow hearts look always for what's not right or for that one thing more. Contentment vanishes like morning mist."

Ian, for a very long time now, whenever I am asked what I want from life, my response is one word; contentment. I am usually told that's a cop out, and encompasses so many things, but for me, that's it.

Life is jam-packed with compromises and imperfections. They're not going to go away, but the secret is, in my view, trying to find a balance we can live with.

Reactions: DJC3 and alf_Josiah

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 14?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. BS is very puzzling - I eat the same amount of carbs every day but morning BS vary so much - it is more often in the mid 5s even if I was 4.4 at bed time.

I find the same. Trouble is there are so many variables other than carbs which contribute ( amout of protein, time of last meal, amount and timing and types of exercise, stress, illness, hydration, the list goes on and on) it’s impossible to keep everything the same.
Good number for you today.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
5.7 this morning, ok but higher than expected after a day of v low carbs (<10g yesterday) and bedtime reading 4.3. Unnecessarily helpful of my liver.
@Patrick66 good fbg but I hope today is less stressful for you
@OrsonKartt I completely agree with you: it is an ever evolving thing and needs constant tweaking. Your day sounds pretty good.
Thank you

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 again shared chilli with kidney beans with OH couldnt be bothered to separate. Thats my rationale though as others have found may be nothing to do with it! @DJC3 where on earth did that number come from! D doesnt play fair.
Onwards.
@True Blue good luck with the tests, I think it should be good.
@Patrick66 good score. Keep going to get your surgery out of the way.
Have a great Tuesday hope the sun shines where you are and the wind isnt too chilly.
Stay well, stay safe.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Morning All. 6.2 again shared chilli with kidney beans with OH couldnt be bothered to separate. Thats my rationale though as others have found may be nothing to do with it! @DJC3 where on earth did that number come from! D doesnt play fair.
Onwards.
@True Blue good luck with the tests, I think it should be good.
@Patrick66 good score. Keep going to get your surgery out of the way.
Have a great Tuesday hope the sun shines where you are and the wind isnt too chilly.
Stay well, stay safe.
I am trying very, very hard....and it is very, very hard!.

Reactions: HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are pondering the vagureies ( check spelling ) of diabetes, sometimes you need to reset to the starting point again. Other times the easiest thing to do is accept you are diabetic irrespective of what you do, and move on with your life. There are much worse illnesses than diabetes. Harsh words maybe.

A gentle 6.1 leapt out of the meter a me this morning demanding koffy.

Well folks, are you well? I hope so. I have no idea what your plans are for today, but me's will be playing with pressure washers before the mentioned water shortage in 2043.
Have a good day folks.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...late posting today had a very lazy start after the frantic activity of the last two weeks...all paperwork/invoices done...Harry & me did a Pony Express run to London...paperwork delivered...taking things easy today...apart from the housework...cleaning the fire...laundry...walking the dog...collecting a prescription...and a little shopping...woke to a 5.9

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Little apology. I have posted too much over 2 days and overshared. Detrimental to this community and myself. Please accept my apology in the spirit it is meant.:sorry::sorry:

Last edited:
Reactions: philchap1

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Little apology. I have posted too mush over 2 days and overshared. Detrimental to this community and myself. Please accept my apology in the spirit it is meant.:sorry::sorry:

For my part, I accept, but I also disagree. I thought your posts were informative and helpful and well-meant. They also kept making me want to hug you. :) I was hoping a couple of my own weren't coming across as me feeling negative, but because I didn't feel negative, and you can't do tones of voice online, I just posted words that I hoped would convey what I meant.

Cheers.

6.5 for me this morning. We have heat in the building again - yay! Whether it was really a burst water pipe, or whether they had just switched over from heat to air too early, only they will ever know. I'm just happy to be warm. The KittenCat is still being a Velcro kitty, though. How anyone can wear a fur coat day in and day out and still get cold ... ! ^. .^

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For my part, I accept, but I also disagree. I thought your posts were informative and helpful and well-meant. They also kept making me want to hug you. :) I was hoping a couple of my own weren't coming across as me feeling negative, but because I didn't feel negative, and you can't do tones of voice online, I just posted words that I hoped would convey what I meant.

Cheers.

6.5 for me this morning. We have heat in the building again - yay! Whether it was really a burst water pipe, or whether they had just switched over from heat to air too early, only they will ever know. I'm just happy to be warm. The KittenCat is still being a Velcro kitty, though. How anyone can wear a fur coat day in and day out and still get cold ... ! ^. .^
Oh yes its amazing isnt it those fur balls crave heat though I really do feel sorry for them in the summer when its hot! Glad you are warm again.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning. BS is very puzzling - I eat the same amount of carbs every day but morning BS vary so much - it is more often in the mid 5s even if I was 4.4 at bed time.

I'm betting it was that good ol' Dawn Phenomenon. If I ever win the lottery I will buy a Thoroughbred yearling, name her Dawn Phenomenon, and run her at Saratoga. I bet she will win every time out! :D