What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning again, and first A1c in over 2 years was 5.4, so not too bad considering I follow no diet of any kind (except being in the Philippines it's too hot to have an appetite - and everything contains sugar!)
Excellent result, congratulations.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. In my green zone this morning. According the the electronic wheel of wonderment and astonishment, I have a mere 5.5 pins per hogshead floating about at 0540.
It’s UN international day of happiness today as well as the Spring Equinox so have a real blast.
Have a great day if you can, investigate old units of measure if you can’t.

Last edited:

RichardHawkings

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. In my green zone this morning. According the the electronic wheel of wonderment and astonishment, I have a mere 5.5 pins per hogshead floating about at 0540.
It’s UN international day of happiness today as well as the Spring Equinox so have a real blast.
Have a great day if you can, investigate old units of measure if you can’t.

Where can I buy this wheel of interest? Does it contain beer?

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3, @SaskiaKC , @Freema thank you for your posts. You are right - there are so many variables affecting the morning BS. I hadn't realised that so many things affected it. It makes sense though that it could be a bit of the dawn phenomenon making it rise or maybe too much protein sometimes.

5.2 this morning - which I am really pleased with.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3, @SaskiaKC , @Freema thank you for your posts. You are right - there are so many variables affecting the morning BS. I hadn't realised that so many things affected it. It makes sense though that it could be a bit of the dawn phenomenon making it rise or maybe too much protein sometimes.

5.2 this morning - which I am really pleased with.

Great stuff Krystyna

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 3.9 for me and I actually get a night out with my better half tonight. First night out together this year. And how cultured of us as it’s a theatre trip to see Girl on the Train. Makes for a better Wednesday than normal. Have a good day all

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's a grumpy old git to do if everybody is going to be walking about grinning like the Cheshire cat I'm really going to get annoyed. :grumpy:

Grumpy-Cat-920x584.jpg

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 may or may not have anything to do with my true bg level but it humours my meter to think I trust it so I'll play along with the joke. @RichardHawkings great A1c - methinks your sense of humour belies the true work going on. So Spring is here (ish) approx 6 months of light, veg and fruit I can pick from the garden and gradually jettison the 32 tog clothing I now need. @JohnEGreen think you stole @alf_Josiah's thunder.

Last edited: