What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...oh dear I've been experiencing a little of the pain in the butt DP recently...my usual 'cure' a little snack right before bedtime...KitKats at the ready usually the small two finger ones (no base comments please)...couldn't find any in our local shop so had to buy the larger ones...fine I can control myself (you think!)...wrong I unwrapped the KitKat broke off two fingers...before I knew what had happened I'd finished the whole bar...woke to a 6.1 oops:wideyed:

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to who follow the " marriage rules ", Mrs J only demands one thing " everything " , makes for a simple life. I'm always in the wrong.
Talking of being wrong, my blood sugars were 6.9 this morning, well within my comfort zone.
Me's would like to write a long well thought out Brexit strategy, but it's now so boring me's that is all 6 of me can't be bothered.

If you're wondering about the me's part, it's simple their are 11 known dimensions and if you apply the mathematics to your personality, which I did, it turns out I have 6 personalities. Try it sometime.
Have a great day folks.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry @alf_Josiah I beat you with 7.0 at 0815.
Morning All. Hope you are enjoying better weather wherever you are. Had a great day out with an old friend yesterday but a few cappucinos involved so maybe that has resonated in today’s score.
@johnpol hugs for continued hypos. @jjraak bon voyage. Have a brilliant and safe time.
Have a great Thursday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
HAHAHA..... Finally....First on the Grid of Greatness :D

At airport...silly o'Clock....FBG 5.8.

Shock at the earliness of the day seems to have confounded my dastardly enemy El Liver ..who was throwing out 6's last week,
like one of those Kung Fu ninjas.

Fully prepared for some interesting battles up in the '' FOOD ZONE" Combat arena on this year's adventure.

The rules of any 'R & R'..have Been fully briefed to me, by the lovely Lauren of Arabia..

Food where permitted, will be permitted.
Alcohol where permitted, will be permitted.

Tomato sauce on ANYTHING will involve a SHOUTING penalty.

Shirt off on beach acceptable.
Shirt off while riding scooter through villages n towns.. NOT Acceptable.

Enjoying the "Quiet" silences between us will be deemed Rude,
and carries a much misunderstood painful and miserable punishment for any self respecting Husband, worthy of the name,
of an hour or TWO
( :) ;)) of The old silent routine..:D

Rules explained, T & C's accepted.

Let the 2019 HUNGER GAMES,
Commence..:watching:
Have a lovely time

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning all a 4.1 greeted me this morning, had a bad hypo at 01:30 and am suffering today. It seems that the unpredictable nature of my diabetes is going to be a BIG pain in the bum for the next few weeks!! Ahh well lets see where it takes me, anyone for going down the rabbit hole???

Take care everyone.
Take care.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG could well have been 5.7 this morning, which by itself is very sub-optimal, but everything else is good so fixating there will cause problems - best left alone. Oh my @jjraak you may be ready for Goa but I seriously doubt if it is remotely ready for you. Have a great day everyone.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Tales of escaping our small island to somewhere warmer seems to be the main mood today..... Yep I'm a bit jeaalous, which shows its probably a great idea! Anyhow 5.2 on the meter today. Have a good one no matter where you are....

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Little apology. I have posted too much over 2 days and overshared. Detrimental to this community and myself. Please accept my apology in the spirit it is meant.:sorry::sorry:
Post what you like. Of course if it makes you uncomfortable then I understand that but hey, we all have different experiences of life and we can all gain from learning about others perspectives.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Woke up to 4.2 today. Have been logging my foods into cronometer for the last few days -- very, very informative. It shows that I'm having more protein than I thought and much less fat. Carbs are pretty much on track. Off to see my GP today to discuss the blood tests, I will have on Monday.

@jjraak -- Enjoy your time in Goa. Sounds like a great vacation. Looking forward to some photos.
@Debandez -- My complete admiration for all you do. I'm sure that in the long run, you will make a big difference. I talked to a colleague,who is also diabetic, about eat low-carb without getting much of a reaction -- but low and behold, when I met him about six months later, he had dropped insulin and lost 30 kgs by adopting a low-carb diet. You never know what will happen when people find out about low-carb.
@johnpol -- Hugs for the hypo. You seem to have a hard time with them lately.
@scouse13 -- Welcome to the thread.

Have a wonderful day all.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes quite recent @jjraak, only 32 years! On our wedding day I surprised him with my own set of rules and they have worked a treat (for me). For info:

http://changingminds.org/blog/1507blog/170726blog.htm

Note that swinging wasnt included. Not in the main body of the text (pun intended) but can be found in the small print ;-)
Well one out of 17 isn't too bad, thats if number 4 includes howls of derision.;)

45th anniversary coming up in May so must be doing something right. :angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Woke up to 4.2 today. Have been logging my foods into cronometer for the last few days -- very, very informative. It shows that I'm having more protein than I thought and much less fat. Carbs are pretty much on track. Off to see my GP today to discuss the blood tests, I will have on Monday.

@jjraak -- Enjoy your time in Goa. Sounds like a great vacation. Looking forward to some photos.
@Debandez -- My complete admiration for all you do. I'm sure that in the long run, you will make a big difference. I talked to a colleague,who is also diabetic, about eat low-carb without getting much of a reaction -- but low and behold, when I met him about six months later, he had dropped insulin and lost 30 kgs by adopting a low-carb diet. You never know what will happen when people find out about low-carb.
@johnpol -- Hugs for the hypo. You seem to have a hard time with them lately.
@scouse13 -- Welcome to the thread.

Have a wonderful day all.

Great fbg again. Whatever the cronometer says, it’s obviously working for you. Good luck with the GP appt.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Good morning all. 8.6 for me today, probably not terribly accurate as I faffed about for a good while before actually taking my reading.

Off down to the seaside today with Mr P and my niece. Looking forward to the breath of fresh air!

Hope everyone is doing well today.

P62

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
@Patrick66 good luck with it all today.
@Debandez a sorry state for those individuals. My friend was telling me about her friend who was recently diagnosed T2, is a chemist, and he is still drinking pints and eating dessert with abandon. Denial is a powerful emotion. If you cant persuade people then noone can IMO.
Thank you.

Blood test done..hurrah!