What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
... and with a single sweeping swipe of her tail, the KittenCat launches the lancet off the bed and onto the floor ... she spots it, pounces down, attacks it ...

Golden eyes meet hazel. "So, what's the score?" "127. ... Divided by 18 ... translate into English ... 7. ... 7 not-come 11."

"Sounds good. Now feed me. I'm thinking chicken."

And so the day begins ...

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
5.8 today so I am on the downward trend so going back to OMAD again but I am convinced my meter is trying the mess with me because it gave me a 6.8 like a moment later.

@SaskiaKC that was utterly beautiful to read.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Question time. :)
Does anyone else who regularly has higher BGL in the morning eg 8+ find that by having a small protein snack, like a handful of almonds, at bedtime can drop your morning BGL?
Last night I was 6.9 ate some almonds and woke at 3.8 plus a foul headache. I'm on a pump so no change in basal insulin.
I'm trying to figure if this is just me or if others have noticed this effect.
Thanks for your feedback.

I know a lot of Type 2s who have "dawn phenomena" (higher BGs in the morning), notice a small protein based snack at bedtime helps morning numbers (I know you are Type 1 and but I hope my response is OK.) I hope you are feeling better now.

I'm fortunate that I don't have dawn phenomena myself and for me, I do better with no snacking at all and not eating my evening meal too late.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone.

Took my blood glucose this morning - initially 3.8 although I'm fasting currently (about 24 hours so far), I hardly ever go below 4.0 even when fasting and I had no symptoms of low blood glucose. (I've been below 4.0 about once in the 8 months since I was diagnosed.) I immediately retook it, 4.8 which I think it more accurate.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning everyone.

Took my blood glucose this morning - initially 3.8 although I'm fasting currently (about 24 hours so far), I hardly ever go below 4.0 even when fasting and I had no symptoms of low blood glucose. (I've been below 4.0 about once in the 8 months since I was diagnosed.) I immediately retook it, 4.8 which I think it more accurate.

Tell me more about fasting, I’m fascinated

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning from a sunny Northumberland. A 5.5 on the wheel of buffoonery and laughter at 0645.
A pleasant 6 mile walk along the coast yesterday afternoon. A walk up to Bamburgh today, about 9 miles, with plans to sample a crab salad in The Potted Lobster.
Have an exciting holiday @jjraak, pictures on a postcard.
Have a great day everyone if you can.

I fell in love with Bamburgh in photos in a book a long time ago. Is it as cool in real life?

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I fell in love with Bamburgh in photos in a book a long time ago. Is it as cool in real life?
Faboulous place, so called King of castles.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-21_17-28-8.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-21_17-28-8.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 127

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I would be fine with fasting as long as you could eat whilst doing it. :hungry:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you a cat at heart?

A friend of mine just sent me this link to a short quiz. If you were a cat, would your cat personality be the same as your human personality? According to it, I am a reserved snugglebug homebody.

https://moderncat.com/articles/do-y...-85905965&mc_cid=d67df4561b&mc_eid=ed71d1077c

NB: Harry, Trixie, Sidney, Wispa, et al., I will ask my friend for a similar quiz for your humans, but -- sorry, I'm not going to ask anyone "Are You a Dog at Heart?"!!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@SaskiaKC I am a reserved cat tbh I was between that and a snugglebug.
@dunelm love the coast and fresh crab salad would be my last supper...allergic to lobster though
@Chronicle_Cat there is no stopping you...quite amazing and inspirational
@Cumberland hope the day washypo free and how is Wispa??

No hypos thanks

Wispa is doing fine thank you

IMG_1553200994.442893.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Woke up to 4.2 today. Have been logging my foods into cronometer for the last few days -- very, very informative. It shows that I'm having more protein than I thought and much less fat. Carbs are pretty much on track. Off to see my GP today to discuss the blood tests, I will have on Monday.

@jjraak -- Enjoy your time in Goa. Sounds like a great vacation. Looking forward to some photos.
@Debandez -- My complete admiration for all you do. I'm sure that in the long run, you will make a big difference. I talked to a colleague,who is also diabetic, about eat low-carb without getting much of a reaction -- but low and behold, when I met him about six months later, he had dropped insulin and lost 30 kgs by adopting a low-carb diet. You never know what will happen when people find out about low-carb.
@johnpol -- Hugs for the hypo. You seem to have a hard time with them lately.
@scouse13 -- Welcome to the thread.

Have a wonderful day all.
That's amazing news about your colleague. They listened to you. And what a result!!! Fantastic.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 today. A reflection of my friend coming for dinner last night. Too much wine and too many nuts too late into the night!

What a great day! Annual PPG meeting was brilliant. Even the lunch was like AMAZING couldn't believe it could be so low carb friendly. Slices of every meat you could think of. 3 types of cheese. Salad galore. Yes there were chips of the chunky variety. Looked fab!!! And there was bread of the crusty variety. Mini crusty loaves, looked so cute!!! Coleslaw. Oils. Vinegar. Mayo. I couldn't believe my eyes. Cake and coffee available but bite size portions (I wasnt tempted). I'm tired now but will give an update asap. My surgery got an award!!! For the innovative work it's doing on social media and with social prescribing (patients helping patients)!!! And to make my day i got my Thriva blood results back. My hba1c is 37 and well into non diabetic range. I'm absolutely delighted (especially as it almost mirrored my home a1cnow test earlier this week of 36). I'm not keto. Im low carb and I eat out..... a lot. This tells me that I'm making good choices. It's my lowest lab result to date. Happy days.