What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
PM don't go without food if it makes you miserable...you may be in one of those phases where our BG's go up for no apparent reason...I've had a couple of them where without any explanation my BG's have risen...it could be anything or nothing...give it a little more time...watch & monitor.
@PenguinMum I would echo what @Bubbsie advises - by all means continue LC and should your normal routine include IF carry on. I certainly wouldn't deliberately miss meals or fast if I were you. Ride this out with what has worked until now. @Listlad great news, well done you.

Last edited:

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
@jjraak just read the article below on your signature...I believe every dismissive GP/DSN we have in our health service should be provided with a copy...considering how devastating T2 can be without adequate control our health care professionals should really take responsibility for the piece meal inconsistent advice regularly dished out to T2 diabetics which if they follow would be to their absolute detriment...considering @dogslife review the view that type 2 complications will 'get us eventually' has to be removed from the equation...take the medicine & run is not an option for me.

https://www.bloodsugar101.com/must-you-deteriorate
We all need to take ownership of our situation.......do not let healthcare professionals railroad you......listen to them by all means but listen more to YOUR BODY

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Given the DSN in @dogslife review who recommended the food plan put forward by another forum which is carb loaded it's no wonder many T2's are continuing to suffer with increased blood sugars & complications as a result...T2 is I believe still very much seen as fault based...deserved for the lifestyle we've led...I don't subscribe to that view...certainly obesity & the lack of exercise may hasten a diagnosis...however one comment I saw here a year or so ago has stayed with me...the question posed was 'did my obesity cause my diabetes or did my diabetes cause my obesity' a valid point...surely what is more important for those already diagnosed is not how we 'got it' it should be how we manage & many of us if diagnosed in time can manage it.
Doesn't appear to be a 'stand up and cheer' emoji......just when I need it

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Agree wholeheartedly @Bubbsie

Newish in respect to many, but I can see benefits in my own levels.
And the perception of ongoing decay is I truly believe DRIVEN by the very advice and medicines given to every diabetic around the world of eat the same toxic foods, just eat less of them..:***:

Utter stupidity.

EVERY Measure for that very decay, is BASED I believe on previous years of BAD ADVICE..

I likened the carbs to nuclear radiation once.
Our advice was radiation will kill you,
so don't stand next to it..

stand at least a foot away ..lol

When even the most moronic can see the BEST solution is to get as far away from the radiation as possible.

Carry on eating high carbs...
hahaha....stupid doctors.

Eat LESS carbs...
Because we ARE ALLERGIC...simples, init.

We are the forerunners in a civil insurrection, railing against the status quo of nonesense given to us.

Hopefully it's the beginning of our health "Arab Spring" & "velvet revolution"..
That helps bring down those imposing a detrimental way of life to So many.

Viva la revolution.

Ps.... Take care,..good to see your felling better.:)

Flipping 'eck Fidel.........that was a good old fashioned call to arms........good stuff

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doesn't appear to be a 'stand up and cheer' emoji......just when I need it
Tracy I have learned so much three years on from my diagnosis...initially like many I was left floundering with the standard advice...here's a leaflet & some Metformin book yourself on a DESMOND course...I did just that...the DESMOND course was akin to Fawlty Towers for Diabetics...everything you should do to encourage higher BG's & complications...fortunately before I attended I read an excellent book by Gretchen Becker & came to the forums...I knew a fair amount by then and decided to abandon the standard NHS advice...I refused to be 'blamed' for my diabetes & justified my need for testing strips & a meter on prescription to my GP & local CCG...hard work but worthwhile so still at the baby steps stage but hopefully we can push the message forward.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We all need to take ownership of our situation.......do not let healthcare professionals railroad you......listen to them by all means but listen more to YOUR BODY
Sadly it's not just the health care professionals we need to re-educate Tracy...there are organisations who promote bad diabetes management...advocate a carb laden diet...do not advance the need for T2's to have the means to test should they wish to...local CCG's direct many GP practices not to prescribe testing strips...we are told we will become obsessed/emotional...a bi-annual or annual check is sufficient...it's all about the money (honey:))...we are disregarded...blamed...stigmatised often without a proper course of redress...so we have to do it for ourselves plain & simple.

Reactions: Cumberland

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Agree wholeheartedly @Bubbsie

Newish in respect to many, but I can see benefits in my own levels.
And the perception of ongoing decay is I truly believe DRIVEN by the very advice and medicines given to every diabetic around the world of eat the same toxic foods, just eat less of them..:***:

Utter stupidity.

EVERY Measure for that very decay, is BASED I believe on previous years of BAD ADVICE..

I likened the carbs to nuclear radiation once.
Our advice was radiation will kill you,
so don't stand next to it..

stand at least a foot away ..lol

When even the most moronic can see the BEST solution is to get as far away from the radiation as possible.

Carry on eating high carbs...
hahaha....stupid doctors.

Eat LESS carbs...
Because we ARE ALLERGIC...simples, init.

We are the forerunners in a civil insurrection, railing against the status quo of nonesense given to us.

Hopefully it's the beginning of our health "Arab Spring" & "velvet revolution"..
That helps bring down those imposing a detrimental way of life to So many.

Viva la revolution.

Ps.... Take care,..good to see your felling better.:)

"The Carb Conspiracy", a new Horror Movie in which food manufacturers (who process carbs) and supermarkets (who sell carbs) have brainwashed Medics and Doctors (who promote carbs), leading to the suffering and early demise of thousands of innocent people.
Of course the plot of this film is ridiculous, isn't it?????????????

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Of course the plot of this film is ridiculous, isn't it?????????????
No it's not ridiculous at all True Blue...the largest diabetes charity has corporate sponsors...which include a major grocery chain & a private health care company...as I've said there's a lot of money in diabetes mismanagement.