What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been experiencing some symptoms so started testing - been as high as 10.4 and low as 4.1. From reading these posts think I should get tested at the GP? 5.3 this morning.
Hello and welcome, @Nelly_Belly .
Good that you are testing. Well done for that. Are you doing it in a methodical way? What I mean is Testing fasting level as soon as you wake up, then testing and recording before each meal, and 2 hours after each meal, keeping a record of scores and what you have eaten. By doing that you will be able to see patterns emerging, and work out how various foods affect your blood glucose levels. A hint would be the higher carbs are generally to blame.

As for fasting levels, they are the last to be under control. I always find mine are the highest, but come down soon after I eat. That probably won’t be the same for everyone, which is why keeping records is essential to show individual differences.

If you haven’t already seen it there is some information for new members

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/

I also found this useful when I was new here

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/a-new-low-carb-guide-for-beginners.68695/

Oh and please don’t feel intimidated by any posts with lower fasting readings reported. We all have our preferences, and some need to be lower than others.

Reactions: DJC3 and Ryhia

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have finally bitten the bullet and ordered a Libre starter pack. I know some folk on here use one so I am seeking some dummies/insiders tips cum wish I had known from the get go type advice. As simple as you like please ( any arm better? do I cover it or whatever) and a PM will do rather than clog up this thread. TIA.

Jamie H

4.9 this morning. If there is any sliver lining to come out of this horrible situation we are in... it is that my control has been extremely tight. Was never poorly controlled but always knew there was room for improvement! Really enjoying this community... only joined a few days ago and think this is a great idea to post fasting sugars each morning!