What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 on the backup (Relion) meter; 7.1 on the primary (OneTouch) meter, both with new batteries. So, an average of 6.9, according to Google's calculator.

Reactions: karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love what you do with these emoticons. If there was a trophy for best emoticons you would win hands down.

Oppo is a make of low sugar ice cream. Absolutely delicious in my opinion:)

animated-thank-you-image-0161.gif

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Relax Mrs. it's all under control. Don't sweat the small stuff. I know you are a very resilient lady with a strong and loving family.

I stopped sweating the small stuff a few years ago. It’s the big stuff I appear to be still sweating. Never mind. This too shall pass.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Either 4.7 or 8 showed when sensor scanned (reader V phone) - reality check would be different. @SaskiaKC your compatriots did you proud with fireworks to celebrate in a foreign land yesterday. Some especially nice names amongst our neighbours. The moms, Bleah and Ashton, probably shaded by Braxton who seems to be a handful for Ashton whilst dad is in Mid East until October.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
3.3 at seven AM extra couple of ours sleep unusual for me woke at 9 AM to a splitting headache and 2.9 not cool at all.

Some food a coffee and now back up to 4.2 better.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 for me this morning - had Steak Diane last night - I am usually fine with steak but it did spike me (must have been the diane sauce, onion rings and a few or possibly more chips) - I was naughty last night so then had to try and bring it down lower with a lot of rum and diet coke!:happy:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 for me this morning - had Steak Diane last night - I am usually fine with steak but it did spike me (must have been the diane sauce, onion rings and a few or possibly more chips) - I was naughty last night so then had to try and bring it down lower with a lot of rum and diet coke!:happy:
The sun still came up and you enjoyed yourself. No one else noticed so we'll keep it between ourselves.

toddy35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today so happier but feel completely whacked. Think my lockdown routine really needs a shake-up.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Either 4.7 or 8 showed when sensor scanned (reader V phone) - reality check would be different. @SaskiaKC your compatriots did you proud with fireworks to celebrate in a foreign land yesterday. Some especially nice names amongst our neighbours. The moms, Bleah and Ashton, probably shaded by Braxton who seems to be a handful for Ashton whilst dad is in Mid East until October.

Are they southerners? I mean, "Braxton" ...
Surprised they could get away with naming a child that these days when other southern generals are being pulled down from their plinths willy-nilly.

Bleah? I've known a number of Leahs. Bleah is a new one.