What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. While I'm delighted, I wonder if it's my backup meter. Perhaps it's giving me these low numbers in hopes that when the new batteries arrive I won't shut it away in the drawer for another year while I go back to using my primary meter.

Y'all have got me wanting to go to the store -- less than 3 miles away -- and buy a round loaf of wheat bread dusted with flour on top. :D

@JohnEGreen how is Ade pronounced?

Yay! Fantastic Saskia. Who cares if it’s the back up meter.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
t1973.gif

s0225.gif

t31175.gif
I love what you do with these emoticons. If there was a trophy for best emoticons you would win hands down.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG is a winner but Oppo and Yummy don't belong in the same sentence. ('ave a word with yourself treacle for using the word yummy at your age :bigtears:)
I didn't realise there was an age restriction to certain words ;-) are there more I should avoid? Lol - I expect this is on the list :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today @ 0800 :(. I confess I ate four maltesers yesterday and two oatcakes yesterday. I really need to try out the keto bread but I don't have almond flour at the moment.
Back to the 20g carb limit today. I'm human and bored of omelettes and scrambled eggs. What I really want is to eat a whole loaf of bread but I won't. There's none in the house and I'm three miles to any shops. Oatcakes are banned now too.

These links might help:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/breakfasts

https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/23-easy-low-carb-breakfast-ideas/

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is everyone down the pub already? So, I had 4.5 Libre reader, 4.7 phone, relieved Mafeking 4.9, weighed, trotted downstairs, looked after pups, made tea and decided UK had gone to hell in a handcart, 5.4. Terms and conditions apply, you will not own this condition but by cracky it is a pig to deal with sensibly. Salmon skin was spiffing last night but should I even be eating salmon? - Andreas, Jason, help!. Oh wait, macros. My bad.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 for me bah! Scanxiety time so I expect it’ll stick til the end of the month
Relax Mrs. it's all under control. Don't sweat the small stuff. I know you are a very resilient lady with a strong and loving family.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 after fish dinner. Hugs @DJC3 it will all come good.
Great news on fbg via fish. It does seem to me as though a bias towards fish may be a better bet than meat for quite a few of us. It's them mackerels:angelic: We're all too smart to be pranked/gaslighted by Big Cattle/Dairy.

Last edited: