What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 when I first woke. Tried to get back to sleep but couldn't. Had a visit in the meantime from Dawn P which gave me a 5.5 when I did hop out of bed.

Had brother in law for dinner (not literally!). 1st time since lockdown. Cooked english last night (low carb for all) followed by strawberries, oppo salted caramel ice cream and extra thick cream. Yummy.
FBG is a winner but Oppo and Yummy don't belong in the same sentence. ('ave a word with yourself treacle for using the word yummy at your age :bigtears:)

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
You must be proud as Punch John but I can understand your worry about his health. I’m sure he will listen to you in time.
I know I shouldn't do this but thought I would add that I am also proud as punch about my son Brother Ade as he is called now who is doing the same at Blackfriars Oxford in his philosophy and theological studies

Reactions: Pipp

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I shouldn't do this but thought I would add that I am also proud as punch about my son Brother Ade as he is called now who is doing the same at Blackfriars Oxford in his philosophy and theological studies

You’ve every right to be proud John. It’s wonderful to watch members of the family do well. I’m sure they are both lovely kind, generous spirited lads too.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum hug for the frustrating yo yoing but praise for the way you seem to be handling this. @JohnEGreen you should be proud of your son's acceptance of his calling. My fbg was agreed by both Libre reader and phone as 4.6 this morning. Super Salmon Avo Salad Friday today. Praise The Lord and let the skin be crispy.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum hug for the frustrating yo yoing but praise for the way you seem to be handling this. @JohnEGreen you should be proud of your son's acceptance of his calling. My fbg was agreed by both Libre reader and phone as 4.6 this morning. Super Salmon Avo Salad Friday today. Praise The Lord and let the skin be crispy.
Thanks Ian. Its all down to disturbed sleep. The good thing is a slice of LC toast, cooled and piled high with good butter actually brings it down two hours later so not all bad!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian. Its all down to disturbed sleep. The good thing is a slice of LC toast, cooled and piled high with good butter actually brings it down two hours later so not all bad!
I hope the sleep issues resolve. Interestingly some research/opinion polls find many are/were sleeping better during lockdown. Keep having the toast and butter treatment as I remember your fondness for that. I miss your more chatty contributions but we all have threads which aren't worth wasting time with. You know I left one in particular.

toddy35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today @ 0800 :(. I confess I ate four maltesers yesterday and two oatcakes yesterday. I really need to try out the keto bread but I don't have almond flour at the moment.
Back to the 20g carb limit today. I'm human and bored of omelettes and scrambled eggs. What I really want is to eat a whole loaf of bread but I won't. There's none in the house and I'm three miles to any shops. Oatcakes are banned now too.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today @ 0800 :(. I confess I ate four maltesers yesterday and two oatcakes yesterday. I really need to try out the keto bread but I don't have almond flour at the moment.
Back to the 20g carb limit today. I'm human and bored of omelettes and scrambled eggs. What I really want is to eat a whole loaf of bread but I won't. There's none in the house and I'm three miles to any shops. Oatcakes are banned now too.
No idea of your budget or what you consider VFM but this works for quite a few of us https://mydiet-shop.co.uk/baking-cooking/74-skinny-low-carb-brown-bread-roll-mix-5905279424814.html. Using the yeast in the packet helps - @DJC3 will tell you.:angelic:

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning. While I'm delighted, I wonder if it's my backup meter. Perhaps it's giving me these low numbers in hopes that when the new batteries arrive I won't shut it away in the drawer for another year while I go back to using my primary meter.

Y'all have got me wanting to go to the store -- less than 3 miles away -- and buy a round loaf of wheat bread dusted with flour on top. :D

@JohnEGreen how is Ade pronounced?