What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to hear about your lunchtime BG. Do you have a thermometer? Can you taste stuff and smell stuff?
I sympathize about the aching.
Gentle hug.
Thanks, @SaskiaKC ,, perhaps Iought to have mentioned that I have had arthritis for over 50 years. Sorry if folks have been worried. Will be careful how I phrase my moans in future.
Though I do appreciate all the caring remarks, and particularly the awareness of symptoms for Covid19. Be assured, I can smell the coffee, and temerature is absolutely normal. I also have a healthy appetite, and polished off a sizeable portion of chilli for dinner, followed by a particularly pungent chunk of blue stilton.
Magnesium flakes in the bath tub, and a long soak help.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great news to read, @Pipp . :)
I was wondering where the chili in my fridge had gotten to! ;)
I kept meaning to melt cheese on it but kept forgetting. Not Stilton ... But I do like a little of that sometimes.
The bath sounds lovely. I love a good hot bath but they don't make tubs like they used to. When I was younger they were easy to get in and out of. They are not designed as well these days!

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks. First indication of fbg shown by Libre was 5.0 - very meh even if accurate/true. For this (LC?Keto) to have longevity I need 2 consecutive good A1cs to satisfy myself it deals with what it claims to. Then I can make a start on the food problem i.e. can I turn it into something I may like enjoy and still do the job. @DJC3 that brought back memories of ridiculous Christmas food which was always thrown away unopened!

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Better this morning at 6.3.
@DJC3 a suitablecalternative to chocolate covered Brazil nuts is alternating a bite of a naked Brazil nut with a bite of 85% chocolate. Works well for me .:)
Wow. The hug isn't for fbg which is fine. Either one of those foods would be a crime against taste but together is plain inhumane. What unimaginably appalling circumstances drive a person to such desperate acts?:angelic:

Reactions: JohnEGreen

toddy35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 today @ 0800, and I was 4.7 when I went to bed. Who knows what this means. On the plus side I've now lost two stone and I'm close to weighing less than I have for over 10years. Fingers crossed the weight loss is sustainable if I stick to keto.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs Just wondering what you consider a good A1c?

@Pipp did you know that only Stilton cheeses made in the counties of Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire can be called Stilton Cheese so cheese made in the village of Stilton in Cambridgeshire can't be sold as Stilton Cheese . Though Stilton cheese was not produced there a lot of it was sold from there so it became known as Stilton Cheese.

My fbg this morning was 4.4.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 today @ 0800, and I was 4.7 when I went to bed. Who knows what this means. On the plus side I've now lost two stone and I'm close to weighing less than I have for over 10years. Fingers crossed the weightless is sustainable if I stick to keto.
Huge congratulations on weight loss and fbg looking good - most posters seem to find it (fbg) comes down last of all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Just wondering what you consider a good A1c?

@Pipp did you know that only Stilton cheeses made in the counties of Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire can be called Stilton Cheese so cheese made in the village of Stilton in Cambridgeshire can't be sold as Stilton Cheese .

My fbg this morning was 4.4.
Stilton has zero cheese making the Bell Inn happened to be on the A1. As for good A1c the trite answer is always lower than I get. In reality as close to 31, which I assume is normal/baseline, as possible. If I'm going to keep doing this to myself I want it to mean something/ be worth it.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Stilton has zero cheese
No and they no longer have the cheese rolling any more as things got rather out of hand and some where caught cheating rolling little logs not cheeses.

Is A1c of 31 even obtainable I wonder what would be the normal for a non diabetic? still it's something to aim for and I hope you achieve it.

I suppose you would have to have an average of 5.5 which would give you an A1c of approx 31.9 so probably within your grasp.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks. First indication of fbg shown by Libre was 5.0 - very meh even if accurate/true. For this (LC?Keto) to have longevity I need 2 consecutive good A1cs to satisfy myself it deals with what it claims to. Then I can make a start on the food problem i.e. can I turn it into something I may like enjoy and still do the job. @DJC3 that brought back memories of ridiculous Christmas food which was always thrown away unopened!

I miss ridiculous Christmas food! How about stem ginger in syrup?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Better this morning at 6.3.
@DJC3 a suitablecalternative to chocolate covered Brazil nuts is alternating a bite of a naked Brazil nut with a bite of 85% chocolate. Works well for me .:)

Think I might eat the whole packet then!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I miss ridiculous Christmas food! How about stem ginger in syrup?
Thankfully none of my family ever deteriorated that far. For many a year Tunis cake would enter the house along with Christmas essentials and leave via the dustbin totally untouched. No one ever knew why it was purchased in the first place:arghh: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunis_cake

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3