What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@PenguinMum -- Thanks, this is so kind. I know everyone on this thread (regardless of whether fasting levels are bit lower or a bit higher) works really hard on achieving good blood sugar levels on a daily basis. So, a massive well done to everybody. Btw, superb great fasting blood sugars today, @PenguinMum.

Fasting levels were 4.8 today.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,
Have had a couple of nights of disturbed sleep. Each morning, blood sugar lower than expected. Today was 5,5 which, for me, is great.
Does anybody understand why this would be?
What did you eat the day befoe?
Hello,
Have had a couple of nights of disturbed sleep. Each morning, blood sugar lower than expected. Today was 5,5 which, for me, is great.

All sorts effect blood sugars, food, stress, illness for example. The main thing that effects your fasting blood sugars is dawn phenomenon

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose/dawn-phenomenon.html

Your fasting blood sugars are usually last to come down so if you have been eating according to your meter you should start to see a reduction.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 today, a reflection of an all day 60th birthday party. The food was amazingly good. Cold meats. Delicious pork pie (I took off pastry) sausage, salad, nuts, cheese, pate which I had with 2 small crackers. So good I went up twice. And I never saw the bottom of my glass, the hostess constantly topping up!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,
Hello, @Bede.
I think most of us are puzzled sometimes by the numbers on our meters. Some people see higher numbers after disturbed sleep, (me:(), others, like yourself lower when the weather is hot?
From your previous post I notice that you have been reducing carbs. Possibly your body is now free of much that stored glucose, so not as much for your liver to push out to kick start your day.
Well done you!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Disturbed sleep last night. Hate the warm humid weather.
6.2 this morning. Dropped the new, open pot of test strips in some water, managed to salvage 4, so testing rationed until new ones I have ordered arrive.
o_O

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Disturbed sleep last night. Hate the warm humid weather.
6.2 this morning. Dropped the new, open pot of test strips in some water, managed to salvage 4, so testing rationed until new ones I have ordered arrive.
o_O

NOOO! I can imagine your dismay.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.1 at 0700 but went high and stayed high all day yesterday so clueless.
Enjoy your Monday.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 but forgot to do straight away. Could have been lower. But very happy with this. Miserable drizzly weather today.

Libre behaving,,,,at the mo!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-093640_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-093640_LibreLink.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot_20200817-093832_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-093832_LibreLink.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 180