What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Jamie H

Thank you.

I suspect my Lantus is too low.

For a while, I was getting highs and lows, which I was correcting and, you guessed it, making things worse!

The diabetes nurse suggested lowering my Lantus to stop the hypos, but I'm drifting up from sensible levels before bed, to mid-teens before breakfast.

Anyways, I'll browse the forum, keep talking to the hospital and see where I end up.

I've been Type I for over 25 years and I have little periods like this where it all seems to go awry!
Haven't posted in a while but this resonated with me. Had the same issues on lantus, as does a friend of mine. I've been a lot more stable since I moved to tresiba.. Maybe worth a conversation?

Can also sympathise. Been type 1 for 21 years and have occasional weeks where my bloods won't behave during the night..Good luck!!

Reactions: DJC3

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.2 this morning after being up twice in the night, not had a bad night for ages so not gonna complain smiles <3

Reactions: philchap1 and DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 but new sensor. Even when I bed them in for 24 hours always seem to get a rocky start but I will take 5.1. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200821-082904_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200821-082904_LibreLink.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 213

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@DJC3 Thanks not feeling too bad but a bit groggy after breakfast went up to 5.2 then dropped like a stone to 3.3 now 3,7 bloods just won't behave of late think I may have a second breakfast or snack in a while and see what happens later in the day I'll probably be in the 9's or 10's.

Reactions: DJC3 and philchap1

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@DJC3 Thanks not feeling too bad but a bit groggy after breakfast went up to 5.2 then dropped like a stone to 3.3 now 3,7 bloods just won't behave of late think I may have a second breakfast or snack in a while and see what happens later in the day I'll probably be in the 9's or 10's.
It was the 10's after lunch.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It’s a rollercoaster for you at the moment it seems. I know you have other health conditions to manage as well, it must be a nightmare at times. I see in your later post you were up at 10 later on. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It’s a rollercoaster for you at the moment it seems. I know you have other health conditions to manage as well, it must be a nightmare at times. I see in your later post you were up at 10 later on. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Yes this was my day so far.

210820.jpg

Reactions: ert

Becs90

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
with type too whats a good fasting morning sugar? I was 6.9 hadnt eaten since 7pm last night