What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Rich Worthing

15.8 for me. Having a bit of a struggle at the moment. Lots of hypos and mid-teens despite HBA1C being 7.8 (which I'm fine with). I test 4 times a day and have lots of data from MyFitnessPal. Things have just gone a bit wonky over the last 6 months or so. Hopefully I can get some tips from this forum, which I am new to :)

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
15.8 for me. Having a bit of a struggle at the moment. Lots of hypos and mid-teens despite HBA1C being 7.8 (which I'm fine with). I test 4 times a day and have lots of data from MyFitnessPal. Things have just gone a bit wonky over the last 6 months or so. Hopefully I can get some tips from this forum, which I am new to :)
Welcome to the thread.

Reactions: Rich Worthing

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi Rich and welcome. Lots of great threads on here. This is a good one for starters (as well as this one of course);

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/unread

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 which is good but....
I thought it would be lower after seeing good readings whilst eating out last night. Spicy ribs and beef stroganoff with veg. 2 glasses red. Started eating at 6.30pm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200818-080112_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200818-080112_LibreLink.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 215

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Welcome and hugs heading your way for the struggles. You’ll find lots of helpful stuff if you read around the forum. I hope things start to improve for you soon.

Reactions: Rich Worthing

Rich Worthing

Hello all,

Blood sugars were 4.9 this morning.

@Rich Worthing -- Welcome to the forum and to this thread. I agree with the others looking at your diet is probably a good first step. It might be worthwhile to start your own thread to get more and more detailed responses to your enquiry.
Thank you.

I suspect my Lantus is too low.

For a while, I was getting highs and lows, which I was correcting and, you guessed it, making things worse!

The diabetes nurse suggested lowering my Lantus to stop the hypos, but I'm drifting up from sensible levels before bed, to mid-teens before breakfast.

Anyways, I'll browse the forum, keep talking to the hospital and see where I end up.

I've been Type I for over 25 years and I have little periods like this where it all seems to go awry!