What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a medicinal single malt last night (maybe I was in good company?) then spoiled things by gorging on walnuts late last night as alcohol gives me the munchies. FBG 6.3 this morning. Could have been much worse, bloods were 6.9 before supper yesterday. Didn't bother testing 2hrs later.:meh:.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.8 or 5.0 depending on the bit of technology used. Either is fine. Have a good day.
@Ryhia I hope you are feeling a bit better today
Thank you, I don't actually feel too bad, seems like a mild cold, perhaps sinus and a bit of a stomach upset. Just a bit frustrated with the bloods staying higher throughout the day. Bloods stayed normal when I had a cold in January so it is a bit of a puzzle.

Tony222

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
I haven't checked my BS for a while, but checked it last night, one hour after a meal. It was 6.7 which I think was ok. Checked it first thing this morning and it was 7.4. I expected it to be lower. Last Blood test GP was in May and was 8.2. I think I need to work on getting it a little lower.

Tony222

I haven't checked my BS for a while, but checked it last night, one hour after a meal. It was 6.7 which I think was ok. Checked it first thing this morning and it was 7.4. I expected it to be lower. Last Blood test GP was in May and was 8.2. I think I need to work on getting it a little lower.
My fasting BS this morning was 7.4. It has been much higher than that, at one time up to 9.8. I would like to get it below 6.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, I don't actually feel too bad, seems like a mild cold, perhaps sinus and a bit of a stomach upset. Just a bit frustrated with the bloods staying higher throughout the day. Bloods stayed normal when I had a cold in January so it is a bit of a puzzle.
Hope you feel better soon, @Ryhia . Though , without wishing to alarm you, perhaps a Covid test needed?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning. Just decided to replicate the rum experiment to see if results will be same tomorrow morning.
Hence the dodgy typos.
Or perhaps the typing is better than usual? Not entirely sure.
Stay safe and well folks.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning. Feeling a little better. Don't think its related to anything serious and not affecting my chest so will just wait it out. Thanks for the "hugs" and the good wishes.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you feel better soon, @Ryhia . Though , without wishing to alarm you, perhaps a Covid test needed?
Think I feel too "well" for it to be Covid plus I make sure that take all possible precautions if I am out and about, that said the area where I live is the third worst area for Covid in our "locked down" town so I am keeping a watching brief.