What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ziggy_w you have good results too. I am not going to take my injections but they are weekly injections so the last one was Sunday so is still in my system. I don’t know how long it will take to leave my system so will continue to monitor over the next weeks and see. Stopping the dapa had zero impact to my bloods so hopefully this will be similar

to be honest though, I have a bit of leeway. I think if I can keep my tests to < 6.5 then that’s okay, I think? Clearly lower is better as it’ll offer opportunities to reduce metformin too.

Even if they rise by a bit it’ll be worth it to not have to do them. Even though just once a week now I have lost a lot of my belly they are becoming harder to do. Both in actual penetration into my stomach and they are hurting more. Less flabby bits I guess!

Reactions: karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

@Ryhia -- Your levels are always very good too. As to exercise -- I try to get in at least 30 min on the elliptical trainer at least 6 days a week Was lacking motivation early this week and only managed 3 days.
I think I need to get back to my air walker, an elliptical trainer looks too strenuous. I used to walk up to an hour a day when I was first diagnosed and was trying to get my blood levels down, now lacking motivation. Guess I need to give myself a good talking to.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

@Ryhia -- Your levels are always very good too. As to exercise -- I try to get in at least 30 min on the elliptical trainer at least 6 days a week Was lacking motivation early this week and only managed 3 days.
@Oggykev -- Welcome to thread and well done on getting back on the wagon. I'm sure it will be paying off soon.
@Andydragon -- Consistently great results. Are you now off your injections too?
@DJC3 -- Brilliant fasting blood sugars.

Fasting levels were 4.5 today. Happy!

It’s really hard to keep motivating oneself to do exercise isn’t it? I know full well it makes a big difference to me but I still try to deny it. I think I may have been a sloth in a previous life.
I hope you have your mojo back now.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s really hard to keep motivating oneself to do exercise isn’t it? I know full well it makes a big difference to me but I still try to deny it. I think I may have been a sloth in a previous life.
I hope you have your mojo back now.

I reckon wanting to be a sloth is another genetic trait that I have inherited, plus my bloods seem to be higher after coming off the airwalker. I guess perseverance is what's needed.

I used to get quite a lot of exercise walking around the shops but with Corona Virus around not sure I can justify buzzing in and out of shops just for the sake of it. In any case its not so enjoyable. I get fed up with trying to avoid the "Why should I self distance" brigade.

Rant over.

Bloods 5.8 this morning. Have a good day everyone. :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

@DJC3 -- Thank you so much for your supportive words, very helpful and very much appreciated. I suspect we all have some part sloth in us. Also, tbh, an elliptical trainer isn't really very interesting at the best of times, but very convenient if you have right in your home.
@Andydragon -- Keeping my fingers crossed for coming of the injections -- but I have a very good feeling that you will continue having good readings even without them.
@Ryhia -- I found that it helps to split the exercise in some shorter-term segments to avoid seeing blood sugars spike. Like you, I also don't see an immediate benefit, but see my blood sugars generally rise a bit after a couple of days of slacking.

Blood sugars this morning were 4.9.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still no testing strips been let down by my order hopefully will be able to test by tuesday !

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Experimenting. Exercise and alcohol experiments.
Friday after 2 hour coast walk the day before, no alcohol night before fasting 5.7.
Saturday after 2 and a half hours woodland hilly walk the day before, no alcohol night before, fasting 5.6.
Sunday , no exercise at all , apart from walking 10 paces from sofa to kitchen several times the day before, and a large glass of rum with Saturday dinner, fasting 5.1.
Does exercise raise my BG, and alcohol in moderation reduce? Dunno. Not a good idea ro test more than one variable at a time. Guess I need to tweak methodology and try again. :D;)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

@Ryhia -- I found that it helps to split the exercise in some shorter-term segments to avoid seeing blood sugars spike. Like you, I also don't see an immediate benefit, but see my blood sugars generally rise a bit after a couple of days of slacking.

Blood sugars this morning were 4.9.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
I will take your advice, thank you. I just need to form some good habits now.