What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1600583286230.jpg

notepadplusplus

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only

Off to the diabetes clinic this morning :)

EDIT: Clinic update

All went quite well. First time at the clinic and first time seeing a Consultant. Fortunately, they didn't have to do any bloodwork as I had my last HbA1c at the end of October (61, so quite high, but it was 93 at the end of September! so a big drop in a month).

Blood pressure was a little high, but I put that down to white coat syndrome as I brought my home BP readings to the clinic.

Unfortunately, still didn't get anything conclusive about whether or not I have autoimmune diabetes (I have risk factors for T1 and T2, IA2 antibodies, weight, ethnicity, responded very well to low-carb etc) They still want me to continue testing my blood sugars at home and repeat HbA1c/antibodies in 6 months. My biggest fear was having my testing strips taken away from me if I were to be treated as a sole T2DM.

Feet tested, strong pulse and no issues with the filament test. Retinal photographs are done, nothing abnormal according to the optometrist but I shall have to wait for the full report in a few weeks time.

One off topic thing... the consultant asked if I was a medical student as I had done a lot of reading :woot: Funnily enough, I was going to apply to medical school 3-years ago with the aim of becoming a pathologist, but I decided to pursue another subject instead ;)

Last edited:

EJR

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?