What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

josiejones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
salad
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Hi, i was only diagnosed last week with Type 2, im struggling with the whole thing!!! i test my bloods first thing in the morning and its always around 10.5-11.1. how can i reduce this? not sure what i should be doing first thing in the mornings/

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning, its cholesterol blood test day so I was expecting bloods to be really high as I am full of stress. Didn't feel as if I slept at all last night and was counting down the hours until I could get up. Used my own tester this morning and it's not going to be good news on the results side if that's anything to go by, but it is what it is I'm not going to be paranoid.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, i was only diagnosed last week with Type 2, im struggling with the whole thing!!! i test my bloods first thing in the morning and its always around 10.5-11.1. how can i reduce this? not sure what i should be doing first thing in the mornings/

Hi and welcome! It’s such a shock at the beginning isn’t it? But don’t worry, lots of good advice on the forum. Reducing/ cutting out sugar and processed carbs will help. You obviously have a meter so measure before and 2 hr after meals to see what effect each meal has ( aim for less than 2 mmol increase) Read around the site to pick up more info and don’t expect your fbg to drop immediately, it often takes longer than the rest of the day’s bg to come down. Good luck, you’ve made a great start by checking in here.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the cholesterol test today @Ryhia still a good fbg in spite of the stress.
Today I was really cheesed off to see a 6.6 this morning. I had a Deliciously Guilt Free cake (1.3g carbs) while watching GBBO last night. Haven’t had one for a few days and BGs have been good. The evidence really is pointing at those cakes. What a pain, I have a freezer full of them!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good luck with the cholesterol test today @Ryhia still a good fbg in spite of the stress.
Today I was really cheesed off to see a 6.6 this morning. I had a Deliciously Guilt Free cake (1.3g carbs) while watching GBBO last night. Haven’t had one for a few days and BGs have been good. The evidence really is pointing at those cakes. What a pain, I have a freezer full of them!
It was the GBBO what done it.;)

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the good wishes apparently it will take a while for the tests to come back as it also included an ApoB test. Its sad that it looks as if your Deliciously Guilt Free cake may have caused the highs. Perhaps you need to leave them for a couple of days and then try again, just to prove things. One of these days I will try the low fibre bread again but I want my equilibrium back first

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

A bit late posting today as I had an early morning at work (at a late night preparing for it).

Fasting blood glucose was 5.0.

@Ryhia -- Keeping my fingers crossed for your blood tests.
@DJC3 -- Still hoping it won't turn out to be the DGF cakes. This really would be a bummer.
@josiejones -- Welcome to the forum. It takes some time to lower blood sugars, most likely this won't happen overnight. Have a read around the forum and ask questions you may have. For most of us T2s looking at lowering our carbohydrate intake has really been helpful.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.5 late meal short sleep that would have been better the other way round :rolleyes: