What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

992947x

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
9.4, went for a 50 minute walk around 5.30am, then it was 6.2 on my return (without drugs) - fell to 4.2 later in the day, where I felt pretty rubbish.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

992947x

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Take care, that is quite a range. Are you eating LC.

Hi. Yes - I am good at sticking to low carb ( <20g per day). I am however getting used to my insulin. I should really be there by now, after being on insulin for over 6 years, but now my blood sugars are in a much better range than what they were (my lowest hba1c over last 6 years is 95, with the rest being > 100, but I am hoping my next one would be < 50). Time will tell!

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.1 this morning.

Yesterday I had an issue taking my last bolas injection where after removing the needle it was pooled on my skin (assuming I managed to hit a fatty lump or something that wouldn’t absorb the liquid).

Not knowing how much if any my body had absorbed I decided to check later and correct if needed.

At bed time I was at 6.9 which is a little high for me but not totally out of range so just decided to go with it.

Took my rather meagre 8 units of basal and went to bed, then 5.1 then I got up.

Been lowering my basal for a couple of weeks trying to dial it in and starting to think I don’t need Basal at all...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How quickly does June come once one becomes a wrinkly? Hug for the bolus issue @DisFanJen. Good work sticking with LC @992947x. i'm glad your fbg is closer to what you want @PenguinMum. @Estragon enjoy the garden and London sun. @DJC3 yay for the fbg after your recent tribulations. Swipey figured 4.6 would be an acceptable spin on events. Blue polo shirt and camel? shorts combo as likely as mackerel salad to do that. Warm, shorts and polos, lawns to cut, salad day in day out ok by my boss ,Test Match tomorrow - optimal for me. Now or never for LC to work

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning - thought it would be a lot higher. I am visiting family this week and was given Bolognese with edamame pasta for supper. I haven't tried edamame pasta before so didn't know how my bloods would react. Seems to be ok but to be honest I wasn't enamoured of the taste, would have much preferred my usual dollop of spinach.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today :)
@Ryhia was that edemame pasta from Lidl/Aldi? I’ve tried that and have to agree with you. It’s very low carb but quite a distinctive taste and texture. It needs a powerful sauce to cope with it.

Reactions: karen8967