What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning and tested positive on LFT. I was expecting this as my bloods yesterday was 4.9. Its interesting to see how the body is reacting now i check my bloods. My daughter also tested postive so we off for a drive through PCR test in 1 hr :)

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1641382297557.jpg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 today., and I am cntinuing with the daily mile, though it has increased to exercise for an hour at leasr each day. This will become an ingrained part of my daily routine, and I thank @DEBBIESCOTT for the suggestion and encouragement. Serendipity in a low chat thread.:)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Becca59 we have just got back home from our walk even with osteoarthritis in back and knees I won’t give in and guess what my BG is 4.4 at 1.55pm fantastic cheese salad for lunch I’m so very grateful for your breakfast suggestions.Kind Regards K

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi Marianne sorry to see you have a foot ulcer and hope it heals quickly for you, I totally agree it is a long haul thing the Diabetes and needs constant monitoring to regain control but perseverance will always win so good on you. Best Wishes K

Hi, it healed very well and I was discharged from the foot clinic in November.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.6 - Well, this is interesting, after a self-indulgent self-induced sugar rush, it involved chocolate biscuits and hot chocolate - totally nice -, I got a, yikes, 14.5 at 5:30pm. Yes, thoroughly washed and dried fingers. Then, and only 2 hours later, I’m back to 7.5. And, well this morning it’s this 7.6. Does this possibly mean that my EndoSys has finally “got with the program” and becoming obedient to my wishes? If so, I’m happy with this.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone Larry 7.9
Contour 5.7
Rang appointment line yesterday to be told could be waiting another 6 months, DSN is going to try & get me seen quicker (libre graph look like I’ve climbed Everest every morning then jumped off the top) mile walk with a friend planned when it’s light before the dentist
Have a good day everyone

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. My 'normal' range.

I also managed some decent sleep last night, which has been a rarity recently. Yesterday I was in a miserable grump most of the day so feeling almost human this morning is a vast improvement!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 so yo yoing again. @Estragon great comeback but watch it its so pesky. @Marianne67 good about the foot healing and today’s score! @karen8967 thanks for yesterday’s wisdom. @ultradad hope you and your daughter don’t get too sick. Lots of snuggling with videos. Take care out there, stay safe, stay well All.
Has to be a "winner" for the upbeat response so positive and caring.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I think these test strips may be measuring about .5 of a point below my Tee2 and my old Sinocare Safe Accu - if it is accurate all I can say is - WOW!. 4.5 this morning!

Reactions: ert and SaskiaKC

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. Not feeling to bad tbh. Make sure you got throat lozengers or spray handy as this new varient loves the throat. All 4 of us have a sore throat of varing degrees, i am using ones that got zinc in :)