What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can eat walnuts/nuts in the morning but any time after 6pm onwards will spike and as I found out the hard way I had 11s. Peanut butter I am okay with whatever time, who knew eh!

Thank you for the feedback. Tonight I will try peanut butter, and then replace it at brekkie tomorrow with walnuts, and see what happens!

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning. For whatever reason my body has decided to step down to this kind of level. Not that I'm in any way complaining!

Reactions: karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.1. I was 7.4 before supper after a ham salad lunch and long walk 5 hours earlier. I cannot be happy with 7s. Enjoy Thursday everyone.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.1. I was 7.4 before supper after a ham salad lunch and long walk 5 hours earlier. I cannot be happy with 7s. Enjoy Thursday everyone.
Hug for the higher than desired numbers. Only consolation is where would they be without all the care you obviously take? Big picture - if you have no diabetic complications and other key health markers are fine just try to see the bg on the meter as an (annoying) curiosity.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for the higher than desired numbers. Only consolation is where would they be without all the care you obviously take? Big picture - if you have no diabetic complications and other key health markers are fine just try to see the bg on the meter meter as an (annoying) curiosity.
Thanks Ian …you made me smile and wave :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-13 16.14.32.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-13 16.14.32.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited: