What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bg lastnight 5.4, this morning 6.9. Is that a huge gap? Have a good weekend everyone
I have rated you ‘winner’, because you are doing well.
The morning fasting level is generally the trickiest, and last to get under control. The gap isn’t too unusual.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not posted on here for a while but FBS varies from 5.00 to 5.9 so not too bad. I’ve recently taken early retirement so have been going for a 2-3 mile walk most days

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.7 - Better than yesterday 8.0, gotta be some kind of result? Had something like a “sane” night’s sleep. Eye looks to be improving, just sore around bottom eyelid.

Sunday - Any chance we’ll beat Italy today? For me, those two matches yesterday made the 6Nats come alive.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn't eat till 10am and took my bg just before and it was 9,4. That was disappointing.
I find my fasting level often continues to rise until I eat. Annoying as I don’t usually want to eat until I have been awake for a couple of hours. If it has been continuing for several days I try to counteract it by having a spoonful of greek yogurt and a cup of coffee. Some people use cream in coffee. I like cream, too much, but it doesn’t like me.
This morning after a lie in my fasting was 6.1. Looks like Dawn P was up early.

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 today. As its my 2 days off resistance training i am trying to eat a bit more protein to help build some muscle as i would like to start putting some weight back on now (12 .2 stone in boxers). Going to try a whole grain crackerbread with a tin of tuna in water on later (3.5 grams of carbs) and see how it goes :)