What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

CatrinJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cheese and Tories,
6.5 this morning. yesterday I had one latte, a mince pie from the same coffee shop (£3! For a mince pie! What is the world coming to?) and some airfried chicken thighs and drumsticks sprinkled with barbecue seasoning. I was at 9.8 or 9.9 1hr after the mince pie then 7.something 30 mins later.

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, It was eyes on the skies yesterday as 'Elliott' the bomb cyclone blew through. He packed a punch but I'm still here. My blood sugars were a nice 6.4 last night which was great as they had been 11.7. Anyways, my FBG rose from 6.4 to 7.4 this morning. I'm blaming the rise on Elliott :rolleyes:

Stephen Bond

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Bureaucracy. Poor quality. Boredom
6.5 this morning. yesterday I had one latte, a mince pie from the same coffee shop (£3! For a mince pie! What is the world coming to?) and some airfried chicken thighs and drumsticks sprinkled with barbecue seasoning. I was at 9.8 or 9.9 1hr after the mince pie then 7.something 30 mins later.
I was thinking/craving a mince pie!.... But on top of the stuffings, potatoes and parsnips tomorrow with the turkey... Not to mention the trifle.... I am going to limit the mince pie to half of one. I have made a Low carb 0 sugar trifle, but i suspect i will dig into the family trifle too!

........... i mean really? ....... What is life without the odd mince pie at Christmas? It is like not watching "It's a Wonderful Life"!

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Been in the 7s in the mornings which has driven me to the point of madness to be honest. I am in the 5 region during the day which is fine but I just cannot shift the morning numbers. Being a control freak is not helping as I cannot control the DP! Oh well, it is what it is, too many late nights and trying to face the day just lying there in the mornings isn't helping me. I will be glad when its all back to normal - sorry to those that like Christmas but for me I will be stepping on my spin bike and cycling away the festive season to de stress :banghead:

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Oh well, it is what it is,
Never a truer “phrase” written. However, never forget you’ve got your own plateau, for you, and that’s no mean achievement. Well done. I know you won’t give up and part of this is your relentless adherence to monitoring. For me, I’ve hovered around 7s and 8s, but today a 6, albeit a BIG Fat SIX.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a really great day
Libre 6.6
Contour 6.6
All from 1 piece of sausage meat, thank goodness I didn’t eat the pastry
I’m going to allow myself 1 parsnip & roastie & 1 spoon bread sauce today, turkeys just gone in the oven

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Morning , merry Christmas everyone, stickies didn't last long 7.5 this morning and bed was on 5.5 a whole 2 points in the difference. @Lainie71 I'm the exact same. DP 's for me have been creeping up but day numbers are mostly in the 5's odd 6 . The roller coaster that is diabetes!. Enjoy your day folks

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. And to all those who celebrate the Christmas season - Christmas Blessings. :) Hope you all have a great day and blood sugars are just where you want them to be despite mince pies and other goodies. No mince pies for me, but have got some dark chocolate brazils lined up for later.