What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got up around 06:00 this morning which is a lot earlier than I have been waking. Tested bloods to see a 4.7, retested and FBG was 5.5. I like the 4.7 much better than the 5.5 but I'll go with whichever, wonder if getting up earlier has had a beneficial effect.
Have a good day folks. :)
I often wonder about timing.
This morning for example I woke about 6:30 but fell asleep again.
Woke again 07:40 but slept again until 08:45
That's when I got up and tested.

How many times did my body think I was waking? Even wearing a libre didn't inform me, sometimes it's up sometimes it's down.
All I can do is consistency which is testing when up, after first wee, whenever that is

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, 7.2 at 5.30am. I noticed from my night time graph i didn't have much of a DP. It appears the earlier I get up the lower my fbg. Bedtime was a rather nasty 12.0. I have no idea why it was so high last night.

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I often wonder about timing.
This morning for example I woke about 6:30 but fell asleep again.
Woke again 07:40 but slept again until 08:45
That's when I got up and tested.

How many times did my body think I was waking? Even wearing a libre didn't inform me, sometimes it's up sometimes it's down.
All I can do is consistency which is testing when up, after first wee, whenever that is
I have noticed the earlier I get up the lower my fbg. I think the later one get's up the more the body has time to prepare itself for activity ! lol

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
6.6 this morning but I dare say it will be higher by the end of the day. Was an unpleasant start to the day tempers flared and all that. Can just do without it to be honest:banghead:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My bg was 4.8 from the blood samples yesterday but it was "collected on 08/02/2023 11:40 from Venepuncture (Serum) " and "resulted on 08/02/2023 22:32." I wasn't technically fasted - I had some almond milk in my massive mugs of tea. Given the method and time delay before analysis anything up to .5 could be added. Seems as though I have a loose handle on this bg malarkey.
Good morning
Libre 4.1
Contour 4.8
2 pb’s at gym yesterday so recovery workouts today
Have a good day everyone
:woot: @PenguinMum and @JohnEGreen hug for frustration but as someone once said, the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

Last edited:

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
6.6 this morning but I dare say it will be higher by the end of the day. Was an unpleasant start to the day tempers flared and all that. Can just do without it to be honest:banghead:
Thanks for the hugs I don't know why I bother sometimes though. BG 8.5 at moment :meh: