What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
7.7 or 139 mg/dl, bad night and tooth pain this morning, I checked after breakfast and PPD was 193, may also be old insulin last night-changed pens today. I am tempted to inject again but will ride this out and inject again tonight at the usual time. I will test this afternoon again though.

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
Hi folks. Started my diet after New Year's Day. Down 6kg from 102kg Got my monitor last week and started taking my fasting blood sugars, normally before 9:00am with nothing to eat from 7:00pm. First reading was 13.4 mmol. Over the week it has averaged 12 mmol's. Am I doing something wrong ? I know it's only been a week but thought with dieting (14 days) I thought it might be around the 8 - 9 level. Any advice would be much appreciated.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Hi folks. Started my diet after New Year's Day. Down 6kg from 102kg Got my monitor last week and started taking my fasting blood sugars, normally before 9:00am with nothing to eat from 7:00pm. First reading was 13.4 mmol. Over the week it has averaged 12 mmol's. Am I doing something wrong ? I know it's only been a week but thought with dieting (14 days) I thought it might be around the 8 - 9 level. Any advice would be much appreciated.
I started a new thread for you in Diabetes Discussions-I tagged you over to it.

Reactions: Cumberland