What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You have to eat it goes up then down again but even lower

Yes thank, I am aware of that, I have a libre frestyle sensor, I like to record where I am going each morning because I can correlate the figures with yesterday's food on my cronometer - - the critical thing for me is trying to get my average fasting number as low as I can- when I do that all the other numbers become eqaully better including post food, however I have to be VERY disciplined on the previous day to achieve that - my 3 day strict bacon and egg diet brought it down to 4.9 but since I relaxed bit its gone straight back up !

leong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
not putting weight
Yes thank, I am aware of that, I have a libre frestyle sensor, I like to record where I am going each morning because I can correlate the figures with yesterday's food on my cronometer - - the critical thing for me is trying to get my average fasting number as low as I can- when I do that all the other numbers become eqaully better including post food, however I have to be VERY disciplined on the previous day to achieve that - my 3 day strict bacon and egg diet brought it down to 4.9 but since I relaxed bit its gone straight back up !
Are you type 2 or 1

Reactions: Cumberland

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
Morning everyone. Thanks for all the advice yesterday. It raised several interesting aspects that I wasn't aware could effect my mmol reading. I will be taking my readings 3 times a day for the next week and see how they correlate to where I need my sugar to be.

This morning my reading was 11.7
Right direction, further to go

LAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
7.3 this morning, up a bit. Doing 2 week diet doctor challenge, rather than my usual two day fast. Unsure if I can have milk, but I am in coffee and tea. Not sure why I'm moving up, as it's close to 20 carbs per day. Off on walk to compensate. :meh: