What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Gannet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Showbiz
4.0!!!!!! I don't believe it!

Following my fasting test, I really didn't believe it. It was a new batch of strips so I did a test with the control solution and actually it's reading a bit high!
I think my LCHF diet is working.

Last edited by a moderator:

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
You're getting there. None of us is perfect. Have you read my 1 pound of good roasted garlic Italian bread = 8lbs yet?
No....first I've heard of it. I take it has to do with the amount of carbs in the bread causing the digestive system to pump extra "stuff" into its system to digest the bread ?? I'll keep an eye out for it. Hope your teeth are starting to settle down. Have a good weekend.....

Thyroiddiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.9 early morning.
Organist at a funeral yesterday.
A few chicken pies chocolate +sandwiches And of course too much dreaded coffee 100 min walk tried to balance it.
Oh those functions.

Just realised what a stupid thing I'm doing.Coffee spikes insulin and increases insulin resistance ,you just have to Google this to see.Metformin does the opposite not a good setup.
Wonder if I will see a fasting 4.5 again.

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How does everyone keep their Bg levels so low.? I think I need to increase my insulin a couple of units. At the minute I take 12 units twice a day morning and evening with food but it never seems to go lower than 7-8.

I think most eat less than 80 gram of carbs a day and many less than 50 grams

and by the way it is maybe much harder when taking insulin affecting medicine or insuline

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
Hi folks. After that reading this morning,I must admit to not being to keen on seeing my bloods this evening.

8.2mmol pre dinner
6.7 mmol (yayyyyy) one hour after dinner

Must admit to being suprised with that sub 7 reading, so I took it again and got 6.8. Gonna stick with the low one.

I noticed that some people are wondering how so many get low readings. I seem to notice that it's the ones that work at it by having low carbs, exercising and sticking to a regime that works for them. Rarely are any 2 the same. I'm just trying through diet only to get my bloods down. Following advice from members here, I have stuck, occasionally strayed, to a low/ no carb diet. And by low I mean less than 20 Carbs.

Like many, I'm sure, there are times that I could murder a sandwich or a curry or a burger or hot dog........just some comfort food. And don't even mention wine and beer.

Just try to sty the course. If you stumble, so what ? Dust yourself down and start again. You are the one who determines how you fight Diabetes.......and here you will be given advice, comfort, friendship and encouragement.

Onwards and downwards

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning at 4.45am it was 5.0

As you can see I have stopped one tablet metformin and this weeks FBG has changed a little from constant 4's to 5#s just wondering if this could be the reason and are this readings of 5.something acceptable:)

Last edited:
D

debrasue

10.7 at 8am.Usual range 10.3 to 12.5. 7.1 to 7.8 at bedtime. Only time I got a low morning reading was when i drank a huge glass of cranberry juice at 3am. Starting to gather enough readings to show I might have the Dawn syndrome.
Welcome to the thread! Yes, DP can be a big problem for some people, although a period of very LCHF can certainly help by reducing the liver's stores of glucogen.