What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Good morning at 4.45am it was 5.0

As you can see I have stopped one tablet metformin and this weeks FBG has changed a little from constant 4's to 5#s just wondering if this could be the reason and are this readings of 5.something acceptable:)
5''s are really good control, maybe try finishing your last meal around 18.00. If you want some further ideas open post maybe on Type 2 life.

duckyhenny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi folks. After that reading this morning,I must admit to not being to keen on seeing my bloods this evening.

8.2mmol pre dinner
6.7 mmol (yayyyyy) one hour after dinner

Must admit to being suprised with that sub 7 reading, so I took it again and got 6.8. Gonna stick with the low one.

I noticed that some people are wondering how so many get low readings. I seem to notice that it's the ones that work at it by having low carbs, exercising and sticking to a regime that works for them. Rarely are any 2 the same. I'm just trying through diet only to get my bloods down. Following advice from members here, I have stuck, occasionally strayed, to a low/ no carb diet. And by low I mean less than 20 Carbs.

Like many, I'm sure, there are times that I could murder a sandwich or a curry or a burger or hot dog........just some comfort food. And don't even mention wine and beer.

Just try to sty the course. If you stumble, so what ? Dust yourself down and start again. You are the one who determines how you fight Diabetes.......and here you will be given advice, comfort, friendship and encouragement.

Onwards and downwards

I can't exercise as I am disabled with Copd and rheumatoid arthritis. I also had discs removed from my back and a hip replacement . I am really careful what I eat and drink.

irish-colt

Dislikes
Ignorance being passed as expertise
I can't exercise as I am disabled with Copd and rheumatoid arthritis. I also had discs removed from my back and a hip replacement . I am really careful what I eat and drink.

I must admit that I'm not as injured as you. I'm an ex-firefighter and damaged the discs at the base of my spine. This developed into arthritis and left the base of the spine ,well, easily injured is the best way to describe it. To much pressure and I go into spasms because of nerves getting pinched. I went from running 5-6 miles every other day and playing matches (Gaelic Football) quite a lot. Now with the pain of my back and knees I rarely have a relatively pain free day. So, like you, I now have to watch what I eat and drink. I just came very late to the party and have to catch up on the information here. As the wife says " I may have stopped playing, I didn't stop eating "

Keep at the diet, watch what you eat and don't forget that pain meds can give you a false reading sometimes.....as can pain