What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG 6.1 this morning
I tested again before my brunch of smoked mackerel and it was 6.8??? At 11.30am
I'd had nothing to eat only a coffee at 7 am did some housework and cleaned my wheelie bins! After bin men emptied them!
Why did my BG rise when I'd neither eaten or drank anything, anyone got an answer for me K

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BG 6.1 this morning
I tested again before my brunch of smoked mackerel and it was 6.8??? At 11.30am
I'd had nothing to eat only a coffee at 7 am did some housework and cleaned my wheelie bins! After bin men emptied them!
Why did my BG rise when I'd neither eaten or drank anything, anyone got an answer for me K

In some people the morning raise of blood glucose continues till one eat a protein or fat meal ... there are great individual differences in these patterns of liver dumps maybe influenced hugely by both hormones gut bacterias and other signal substances in our intestines liver and kidneys

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning all
18/8/17 at 7.30am 7.3 again slightly up from last night!! at 6.8 :banghead::banghead:o_O
At least it's dry but not quite sure if will rain again, but this is West Wales (Wet and Windy!!)
In some people the morning raise of blood glucose continues till one eat a protein or fat meal ... there are great individual differences in these patterns of liver dumps maybe influenced hugely by both hormones gut bacterias and other signal substances in our intestines liver and kidneys
Thanks Freema so what your saying is until I eat something after fasting it will rise, I cannot say I've noticed this before but I don't always test regularly before I eat now,but it's my annual review soon and I'm trying to maintain control,you know how it is. Thank you for your help much appreciated. Kathleen

Reactions: Butterfly1960