What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I wouldnt worry Wendy, mine was 6.1 this morning too, and thats fine by me, by mid day when I check pre lunch I know it will be lower.

Just put it down to your body releasing hormones to get you going in the am, the dawn phenomenom.

louiseb

8.1 still not good however its going down so thats good!
have been high the last few days due to being unwell, hopefuly ill be back in my normal 4-6 range soon.

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Good morning all,
5.7 this morning
Sue

Pneu

Good Morning All,

Again good readings this morning!

I am going to join the 6.1 club which is a bit high for me... Late home last night and no-food in the house (well none that was quick and easy) so ended up binging on a large domino's pizza... More carb's in that then I would normally eat in a few days! but my it tasted good!

Pneu

First time I have had it in months and my body is screaming for carbs this morning so probably not the best idea but I did enjoy it :)

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Still not a bad reading after pizza at all!

Good to have a treat every now and then, i think you made a good treat choice too!

Spearmint

My daughter was 5.2 this morning :shock: :D

Looks like the bigger needles have sorted out the overnight and waking highs so just got to fiddle around with her doses to try and sort the day time readings out!

ebony321

Dislikes
Wow!!

That's fantastic spearmint!! :)

I usually concentrate on one reading at a time, like breakfast or dinner. Which also gives you confidence when moving on to the next one when you've got one cracked! :)

Spearmint

ebony321 said:
Wow!!

That's fantastic spearmint!! :)

I usually concentrate on one reading at a time, like breakfast or dinner. Which also gives you confidence when moving on to the next one when you've got one cracked! :)

Dinnertime seems fine, breakfast and lunch need sorting, either breakfast will need an odd ratio or the morning levemir will need reducing but time will tell i guess

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 again this morning. Breakfast & lunch readings are usually okay, but need to work on Dinner readings. We're going on holiday on Saturday to Italy for a week. It'll be interesting to see what I can manage then, I used to love pasta, pizza and icecream, think icecream will be the downfall if I'm not careful. I'll have to give hubby permission to give me earache!

Ann

ebony321

Dislikes
If you eat the icecream and not the cone, and compensate with lots of exercise, such as walking around sight seeing it shouldn't be too bad :)

Hope you have a lovely time in Italy, I went there a few years ago. We drove from the UK through france, Germany, Switzerland and Belguim there and back and spent 11 days in Italy, It was really beautiful :)

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ebony321, I won't have problems not eating the cones :wink:(ooops, already thinking of more than one!). :oops: I'll test after the first and see what it does to me, might have to miss out on full ones and just have a lick of hubby's! I do have some mobility problems tho' so I can't walk very far, the exercise bit is practically non existant. We're going to Lake Garda so will be taking lots of trips on the ferries.Really looking forward to going.

Ann

LaughingHyena

6 this morning, not too bad but I'd prefer to be a bit lower.

Better than yesterday morning's 10 though, no idea why that one was so high, was down to my usual levels by lunch and stayed there the rest of the day though.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, did my BS this morn was 9.9 am back to the normal high again yet yesterdays was the lowest morning reading I have ever had 8.2 , I think it was due to the fact it knew where we were going ! off to the clinic to meet my new DSN. Anna.x :)

Pneu

Spearmint said:
My daughter was 5.2 this morning :shock: :D

Looks like the bigger needles have sorted out the overnight and waking highs so just got to fiddle around with her doses to try and sort the day time readings out!

Thats great news! always good when a change makes a difference

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Khaleb was 7.9 this morning. I'm pretty happy with that as he is usually lower at 3am and if he woke up in the 5's I'd be concerned he'd been hypo while asleep. He was hypo after daycare today even though his support worker checked him and he was 6.2 and didn't bother giving him his afternoon tea ????? Sorry, this doesn't belong here but just having a little vent of my frustration. Ahhh, feel better now.

ebony321

Dislikes
Ann19 said:
Hi Ebony321, I won't have problems not eating the cones :wink:(ooops, already thinking of more than one!). :oops: I'll test after the first and see what it does to me, might have to miss out on full ones and just have a lick of hubby's! I do have some mobility problems tho' so I can't walk very far, the exercise bit is practically non existant. We're going to Lake Garda so will be taking lots of trips on the ferries.Really looking forward to going.

Ann

Haha, it is a holiday afterall so do treat yourself :)

Sounds great, slightly jealous as i haven't been able to get away this year. have a great time!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
5.2 at 06:00 this morning - that's when the cockerel woke me! Not too bad, I can cope with that - the cockerel, I mean!

Still pleased with my readings - I was in the 7s, fasting, when first diagnosed. Dawn Phenomenon, I think.

Viv 8)