What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
ebony321 said:
It does seem that a few seem to be posting lower and lower numbers, which is good to see.

Good going Anna! maybe your diabetes is a little scared at the propect of a new DSN so decided to behave a little today? Whatever it is i hope it continues :)

Ebony - I think writing our levels on here makes us extra careful what we do during the previous day. This is all very good for us.

Anna - that was a good figure. I do hope your new DSN is nice and helpful.

ClaireG 06

Well done Spearmint :D Looks like the larger needles might be helping.
Sods law Anna that the day your seeing the new DSN your BG behaves!

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
daisy1 said:
ebony321 said:
It does seem that a few seem to be posting lower and lower numbers, which is good to see.

Good going Anna! maybe your diabetes is a little scared at the propect of a new DSN so decided to behave a little today? Whatever it is i hope it continues :)

Ebony - I think writing our levels on here makes us extra careful what we do during the previous day. This is all very good for us.

Anna - that was a good figure. I do hope your new DSN is nice and helpful.

Yeah, i think people are hoping for a good Result so they can post them on here. :)

Now you mention it though, i has a bar of chocolate last night after tea, i gave away half to my partner concious that it was quite late and didn't want to be elevated this morning :lol:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Ebony - that was very strong willed of you regardless of the reason. I always share a bar of chocolate with my husband (and usually don't eat it all at one sitting), that is unless it's a Cadbury's Flake when I can't not eat the whole thing 8) My excuse is that a lot of it is just air...

ebony321

Dislikes
:lol: Same with aero's, just not enough to go around with all those bubbles!

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
8.3 this morning, same as yesterday.

For dinner last night we had roast chicken, I had broccoli and cauli, small spoonful of stuffing and a small spoonful of mash. Nowhere near as much carby stuff as the day before..so I'm still confused!

Funnily enough I'm actually getting less worried, this thread is helping tremendously. I was getting in a right frazzle before trying to analyse every thing I ate, unfortunately my lifestyle doesn't permit me the time to be able to do that.

For the time being, it seems that whatever I eat for my main meal doesn't seem to be making an awful lot of difference to my morning BS so I am going to pay attention to my lunches.

Brekkie (one slice burgen with one scrambled eggy) does not push the levels above 9.3, still high but infinitely better than the 12's and 13's with two slices of toast!

It's a work in progress and I'm very glad this thread is available to support us all.

ebony321

Dislikes
Glad your seeing improvements Ladybird :)

If people post results and a few details, other people may be able to give tips, wether it be on insulin or meds, or just an idea to tweak something in diet.

Seems to be the same people posting, Be interesting if more people jumped on the wagon, maybe some peeps are shy to share, or maybe some are waiting for a really good result.

I was 13.5 just before dinner, so something has gone wrong somewhere. blew my 6.4 out the water :(

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
ebony321 said:
Seems to be the same people posting, Be interesting if more people jumped on the wagon, maybe some peeps are shy to share,

Hi ebony, as I'm sure you are aware I am very shy :D but thats not the reason I have not posted my fasting readings on this thread, I just feel that for some it may make them feel that they will never get low numbers if they see a lot of other members posting good results.

ebony said:
or maybe some are waiting for a really good result.

Not that either as this morning my level was 6.4mmol/L which is at the high end for me.

The main reason I have not been posting is I just feel like it is showing off to post good numbers and maybe embarrassing for those who are not so lucky. But I have been reading the thread with interest and am pleased for anyone who is seeing an overall drop in levels :D

ebony321

Dislikes
You do make a good point...

But i hope it doesn't make anybody feel that way, i hope it more shows that 'if someone else can do it then so can i' sort of thing, also that people are posting not so good results then they know their not the only ones either.

I find it especially interesting what reading make people happy, which i think proves even more even though guidlines are set, people are happy with different levels.

Like you said 6.4mmol is at the high end for you, i have coincidentally woken up 3 times with 6.4mmol and been happy with that :) But it doesn't discourage me or make me think i should be aiming lower. I set my own targets and i'm pleased when i meet them, and i think everyone should set their own and feel comfortable in wanting a particular target, which is why this thread could have gone the wrong way, but it didn't :)

I'm happy to see members i know have struggled in the past or are currently struggling getting better numbers and it seems they are eager to post in sort of a celebration way, which is great!

Maybe people will agree when i say that sometimes i can say to people around me 'oh my BG was 6.4 this morning' (happy with myself) but sometime they don't really know if thats good or bad, or how much hard work it takes, so it's nice to be able to post a good result to share and feel good because it's bloody hard work sometimes!! :lol:

Either way you look at it i think it's a good interesting thread i hope most people feel they can take part in. Or just read out of interest.

If anyones reading who does feel disheartened by the thread, please don't be you'll get there too.. (i certainly took my time :lol: ) :) :) :)

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
5.3 this morning

Sue

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
Sid Bonkers said:
ebony321 said:
Seems to be the same people posting, Be interesting if more people jumped on the wagon, maybe some peeps are shy to share,

Hi ebony, as I'm sure you are aware I am very shy :D but thats not the reason I have not posted my fasting readings on this thread, I just feel that for some it may make them feel that they will never get low numbers if they see a lot of other members posting good results.

ebony said:
or maybe some are waiting for a really good result.

Not that either as this morning my level was 6.4mmol/L which is at the high end for me.

The main reason I have not been posting is I just feel like it is showing off to post good numbers and maybe embarrassing for those who are not so lucky. But I have been reading the thread with interest and am pleased for anyone who is seeing an overall drop in levels :D

I think it can be a motivational tool but for me after my posting my first set (I think was 10.3 or something) I'm backing off. I'm going to just observe to be honest, my morning readings have never been below 7.5 since i started testing a couple of weeks ago.
I've been told not much I can do for now until it's been estsablished what's causing the higher readings, I've had three choc bars in three months, barely any sugar and even 2 Ryvita's and some cheese at 9pm has got me up and out of bed at 1am feeling awful and a reading of 11.1 - sometimes I drop after 1hr of eating to then rise by several points another hour later. I'm uncontrolled so for now will back out of this thread

Good luck to everyone else though, very nice idea and I will keep watching :D

Reactions: 2 people

friar tuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only recently started posting and found this thread today. Thought I would join to make you all feel better.
This morning I was spot on 11.

Usually 7-10 but the Dr has just upped my meds by 1 glic to 4 x 500g met & 4 x 80 glic. Now it is between 9-12! Work that one out?

I am slim and in my 40s so not the usual template for type 2 and expecting to go over to injections so hope this will bring me down to the respectable figures a lot of you have been posting

Reactions: 2 people

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
friar tuck said:
Only recently started posting and found this thread today. Thought I would join to make you all feel better.
This morning I was spot on 11.

Usually 7-10 but the Dr has just upped my meds by 1 glic to 4 x 500g met & 4 x 80 glic. Now it is between 9-12! Work that one out?

I am slim and in my 40s so not the usual template for type 2 and expecting to go over to injections so hope this will bring me down to the respectable figures a lot of you have been posting

When I was on Glic I found that the one I took in the evening dropped me too low overnight and I ended up being higher in the morning as a result. (Bit of liver dumping in the night I think). Since stopping the Glic altogether my morning results are more related to my after meal ones in the evening.
Just a thought.
Angie

Reactions: Gates

friar tuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Angie
Thanks for that. But I am taking an extra one in the morning, and unfortunately my morning tests are similar to my post meal tests. Are you on anything to replace the glic?

Friar Tuck

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Friar Tuck!

You sound a closer match to the LADA profile rather than Type 2 - and your BGs and reaction to Glic/Met would reinforce that. I don't want to hijack this thread with long explanations, but if you haven't been tested for GAD antibodies, you might want to ask for that to be done.

Good luck
Smidge

friar tuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Smidge.
That is my opinion from what I have read. But I dont know if the Dr will go along with self diagnosis! Also I have 2 brothers on insulin and my Mum was insulin dependant. At Docs again in two weeks so will push for an answer.

Friar Tuck

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Friar Tuck,

Well, with such a strong family history of diabetes, you should probably push for MODY tests too. I self-diagnosed with LADA and had a very tough battle to get the tests, but turned out I was right and the medic were wrong! Insist on the GAD test if nothing else! It's your health at stake!

Smidge

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
6.3 this morning. I have worked out that stress is raising my morning fasting level by at least 1.0 :( I can see the difference when the stress is off which isn't often at the moment. After lunch and supper it doesn't show so much - I always have a reasonable size glass of red wine with my meal so that probably helps a lot :wink: Haven't tried wine for breakfast yet...

Has anyone else been able to work out how much stress affects their levels?

friar tuck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.3 which is a lot better than yesterday. Could be to do with the 4.6 after dinner last night!

Friar Tuck

Wendywu

Dislikes
Track running. Drunks. Bigots and intolerance in any form. Bullying.
6.1 this morning. Annoys me because it was 4.9 at bedtime last night. Had a big argument last night - very rare occurrence - and think stress is playing a part in the larger than expected overnight rise.