What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loving harry
Karen Harry was a bit miffed with his photo being 'published' here...honestly....he really does need to get over himself...tried to explain it goes with the Halloween theme...but...he ins I show just how handsome he really is...so...please see below...his ego is unlimited I'm afraid.

Attachments

• 20476131_1961917090723791_3832995968372045713_n (2).jpg
    20476131_1961917090723791_3832995968372045713_n (2).jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 14680934_1748254125423423_2960840484490531367_o.jpg
    14680934_1748254125423423_2960840484490531367_o.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 16427252_1815618262020342_6538217207096277591_n (2).jpg
    16427252_1815618262020342_6538217207096277591_n (2).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 169

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Karen Harry was a bit miffed with his photo being 'published' here...honestly....he really does need to get over himself...tried to explain it goes with the Halloween theme...but...he ins I show just how handsome he really is...so...please see below...his ego is unlimited I'm afraid.
Oo bubbsie he is so handsome not camera shy at all i secretly think hes a bit of an exobishonist (forgive my spelling )

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oo bubbsie he is so handsome not camera shy at all i secretly think hes a bit of an exobishonist (forgive my spelling )
Very astute Karen...absolutely spot on...he is such a real big ol'softy...part of the problem...he is a big strong boy...getting him to pose can be problematical...thank goodness for gravy bones...his favourite...produce one...he's in front of that camera toot suite...forgive my French!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.3 today.
Was a bit worried last night as nephew has an office in Manhattan and cycles to and from it most days catches a train from Brooklyn to Manhattan then push bikes to the office, but fortunately he didn't get caught up in yesterdays attack.

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning my reading this morning:
One Touch Ultra: 7.1
Libre: 6.8.
I'm happy.with these results. The two results are pretty close to one another, so I think I can relie on the Libre, and give my fingers a bit of a break.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning my reading this morning:
One Touch Ultra: 7.1
Libre: 6.8.
I'm happy.with these results. The two results are pretty close to one another, so I think I can relie on the Libre, and give my fingers a bit of a break.
keep us updated lxarix :)

Reactions: Kentoldlady1

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.3 today.
Was a bit worried last night as nephew has an office in Manhattan and cycles to and from it most days catches a train from Brooklyn to Manhattan then push bikes to the office, but fortunately he didn't get caught up in yesterdays attack.
thank goodness for that johnegreen :) its a very sad world we live in when people have no regard for other peoples lives :nailbiting:

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
im fine thanks lxarix im waiting for a two week trial on the libre got appointment soon i know its early days for you but you seem so much more relaxed already are you looking forward to going bk to work ? and i hope your keeping well :)
I am, though my return date has been pushed back to the 21st. The week of the 14th is a busy week, and my boss wants to be around for when I return. I don't mind to much.

D

Diabeticliberty

Hi @ziggy_w I'm retired and I like to spend as much of the winter as I can somewhere warm and sunny. I will be away for 12 weeks this year, though back for 4 weeks in December.
I am thinking of staying for 16 weeks over next Winter, but getting a visa for more than 60 days seems quite complicated. I will look into it more next Spring.

12 weeks away? 16 weeks away? I think you need to take on an apprentice. He is cheap, keen and just raring to go for 16 weeks in the sun. I shall start Monday if that's OK with you

Reactions: Prem51
D

Diabeticliberty

That dawg is uglier than my grandmother :p

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am, though my return date has been pushed back to the 21st. The week of the 14th is a busy week, and my boss wants to be around for when I return. I don't mind to much.
hope everything works out well for you i was very nervous when i was returning to work after being off for 3 months but up to now after 4 months im much more relaxed if i feel a bit off i just test bgs an treat accordingly sometimes when i go the shops on my own i get a bit anxious but half the time i test im fine think its cos im on my own and i panic and my mind goes into overdrive :wacky:;)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
IMGP0573.JPG
Hi @ziggy_w I'm retired and I like to spend as much of the winter as I can somewhere warm and sunny. I will be away for 12 weeks this year, though back for 4 weeks in December.
I am thinking of staying for 16 weeks over next Winter, but getting a visa for more than 60 days seems quite complicated. I will look into it more next Spring.

Hi @Prem51,

Sounds like a great plan to spend this time of the year where it is sunny and warm. It is not always easy to live through the cold winters in Northern Europe and especially the darkness. Maybe you can post some photos?

I have spent 18 years in hotter climates (including Southern Texas, South Carolina and Egypt) and do sometimes miss the sunshine. My hubby describes the weather in Germany as 8 months of winter and 4 months of not-summer.

Hi Ziggy you sound like my brother and his wife they live in Germany and spend a lot of time on holidays, I'm waiting for my hubby to retire so we can do same,I've been waiting for last 7 years already but hopefully he may retire early in 2 years. So I'm also a little jealous but in a nice way you deserve this time when you retire,not your fault I married a toy boy!! Haha!K

Hi @Granny_grump_,

I am sure you are looking forward to the time when you and your husband are free to travel. Have you already made specific plans?

Personally, I haven't travelled very much in the last twenty years, just lived in different places. We have a cat and we don't want to leave her for longer than a couple of days. (Since everyone is sharing photos of their pets, I am attaching a photo of her when we first found her in Egypt -- she has grown into her ears by now.)

I also have another 13 years to go until retirement -- unless of course they decide to up retirement age to 70 -- which is a distinct possibility given the low birth rate in Germany. I can't really complain, though, we have very generous vacation time in Germany plus a lot of public holidays.

Last edited: