What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
View attachment 24365

Hi @Prem51,

Sounds like a great plan to spend this time of the year where it is sunny and warm. It is not always easy to live through the cold winters in Northern Europe and especially the darkness. Maybe you can post some photos?

I have spent 18 years in hotter climates (including Southern Texas, South Carolina and Egypt) and do sometimes miss the sunshine. My hubby describes the weather in Germany as 8 months of winter and 4 months of not-summer.

Hi @Granny_grump_,

I am sure you are looking forward to the time when you and your husband are free to travel. Have you already made specific plans?

Personally, I haven't travelled very much in the last twenty years, just lived in different places. We have a cat and we don't want to leave her for longer than a couple of days. (Since everyone is sharing photos of their pets, I am attaching a photo of her when we first found her in Egypt -- she has grown into her ears by now.)

I also have another 13 years to go until retirement -- unless of course they decide to up retirement age to 70 -- which is a distinct possibility given the low birth rate in Germany. I can't really complain, though, we have very generous vacation time in Germany plus a lot of public holidays.
Hi @ziggy_w We haven't made any specific plans has yet has we have only recently looked into my husband taking early retirement but it does seem possible when we see financial advisor again things will be more clear, then we can make plans. My husband should only retire at 66 years of age has uk put the retirement age up and he was lucky to only have to work 1 year longer than the usual retirement age.. If things do work out he will retire at 63/64 depends on financial advisors information.
We have travelled to different countries usually within Europe for 36 years all over Italy, Greece,Yougoslavia has was,Germany Spain and been to New York twice and others.So still lots to see who knows where we will go,but like you we will be able to stay longer, uk don't get the time off work like Europe does and only 8 bank holidays per year, holidays are hard to get at work Has they only allow four people off at anyone time. So we would love to get the time to spend with each other doing the things we love doing like travel,we will just have to wit now and see what happens.K
Your cat is beautiful we have two pugs 9 and 10 years old they are looked after by my grandson and my sister share it between them. We have had dogs all our married life 38 years and family has always looked after them for us when we go away. Just enjoy your time away from work there is lots to enjoy, and good luck too you. K

wellwayhealth

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi my mum is diabetic and take insulin about 14 mml every day since she had been taking the reserve gel pack she stop the insulin the nurses at nursing home they told me the stop the insulin for her and the level it doesn’t go more the 9 and below. My mum 87 years old and 1 didn’t take notice until my sister in law told me what you been giving her every morning and I take them live too.

Highly recommend

Reactions: Cumberland
D

Diabeticliberty

大家早上好,我令人愉快的糖尿病患者和夫人. This morning I pricked my finger with a lancet and put a drop of blood onto a reagent strip and got a blood glucose result of 3.6mmols. A pretty dull and boring post you might think huh? Well actually I was stood on next doors roof at the time holding on to their television aerial and bare harrised baked except for my socks (good diabetic foot care is a must) There is a man above me in a white coat in a police helicopter using a megaphone, He does look quite excitable. Have a wonderful day all of you

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
大家早上好,我令人愉快的糖尿病患者和夫人. This morning I pricked my finger with a lancet and put a drop of blood onto a reagent strip and got a blood glucose result of 3.6mmols. A pretty dull and boring post you might think huh? Well actually I was stood on next doors roof at the time holding on to their television aerial and bare harrised baked except for my socks (good diabetic foot care is a must) There is a man above me in a white coat in a police helicopter using a megaphone, He does look quite excitable. Have a wonderful day all of you

Have to admit i do look forward to reading your posts every morning to see what you are up to next. LOL

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All a bit of a struggle this morning.

Best thing I can say about my 5km walk is that it's done now. I was short of breath and low on energy throughout. Still the counter keeps ticking along until the time I feel better able to kick on.

Morning sugars not much better at 6,9. Partly the direct effect of my cold but mostly I have to admit the result of me using the cold as an excuse to be less careful about what I eat. I need to snap out of this.

On a more cheerful note, I loved the bright colors of these flowers on a roadside bush, this morning

d5594cee0246d2f3e513e5c43a8d1a7a.jpg

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 24365

Hi @Prem51,

Sounds like a great plan to spend this time of the year where it is sunny and warm. It is not always easy to live through the cold winters in Northern Europe and especially the darkness. Maybe you can post some photos?

I have spent 18 years in hotter climates (including Southern Texas, South Carolina and Egypt) and do sometimes miss the sunshine. My hubby describes the weather in Germany as 8 months of winter and 4 months of not-summer.

Hi @Granny_grump_,

I am sure you are looking forward to the time when you and your husband are free to travel. Have you already made specific plans?

Personally, I haven't travelled very much in the last twenty years, just lived in different places. We have a cat and we don't want to leave her for longer than a couple of days. (Since everyone is sharing photos of their pets, I am attaching a photo of her when we first found her in Egypt -- she has grown into her ears by now.)

I also have another 13 years to go until retirement -- unless of course they decide to up retirement age to 70 -- which is a distinct possibility given the low birth rate in Germany. I can't really complain, though, we have very generous vacation time in Germany plus a lot of public holidays.
That ball of fluff and fur is pretty cute. Thanks fur sharing. ;)

Reactions: ziggy_w