What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
3.8 for me today have a good day all dont know wats going on with these bloods but keep going too low for me ive even lowered my basal this diabetes arŕg
Hope things settle soon for you,take care Karen.K

Reactions: karen8967
D

Diabeticliberty

Morning mr d i had around of toast at 9.30 pm and took 8 units of lantus at 10pm thats been lowered fron 10 units but just lately im going low all the time through the night x

Perhaps drop another couple of units and if you haven't tried them before have a look at Belvita breakfast biscuits just before you turn in for the night. They release carbohydrate really slowly. Some time ago when I was experimenting on ways to try to get ahead of a daft episode of super dawn effect I was having some really angry hypos. I found some of these with a chunk of full skimmed milk really held me up through the night. Take a little bit of care at first that they don't work too well for you and start pushing you too high, particularly if you are also cutting back your insulin.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Diabeticliberty Yes,lovely bread.One of the joys of being retired is having time for these things.When we both worked life was far too stressful for home baked bread.His latest purchase (and new toy) is a bread machine........trouble is the smell of baking bread is always very tempting.Id post you a parcel but it wouldn't be the same without that fresh smell!!!My contribution is making the low carb crackers we both like, and I can eat without a guilty conscience!
@Glenmac you both seem to be enjoying your retirement good luck to you,here hoping my hubby will be able to retire soon! Soon being in next 2 years he will be 64 instead of his retirement age of 66,keeping our fingers crossed anyway.
What was your BG reading today? K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hello. 5.4 today. And first day with varifocals. Can hardly see a thing. Just writing this has taken ages. Hope you are all wee.
@Kentoldlady1 my BG today was 6.2 just a little higher than it's been recently!
Varifocals take a little time to get used to, you have to remember to move your head to see through the lower lens and not just look with your eyes. I had these for years for fine work and reading plus distance for driving, then I had cateracts in both eyes and had surgery. Now I only need reading glasses.! K

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

Oh bother! it snowed during the night :( we're expecting a log delivery at mum's in the next two days which we will have to barrow into cover from the roadside. Lots of exercise for me and mr gee. Oh well, hopefully it will thaw soon as it looks quite slushy.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Granny_grump_ Hi,yes we do enjoy being retired,both slowed down now but hubby says it's the best job he's ever had!He worked part time until he was almost seventy so deserves it.Hope your cold is improving.We have a flood warning here today so won't be going far as our roads flood easily.

Reactions: Ymdawd and Freema

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Kentoldlady1 my BG today was 6.2 just a little higher than it's been recently!
Varifocals take a little time to get used to, you have to remember to move your head to see through the lower lens and not just look with your eyes. I had these for years for fine work and reading plus distance for driving, then I had cateracts in both eyes and had surgery. Now I only need reading glasses.! K

Thanks for this! I have only been at it an hour and already feel like stampling on them. I have heard of so many people having such better eye sight after cataract surgery. I think I'll opt for that, only without the cataracts!

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Kentoldlady1 If things don't settle quickly a second visit to the optician may be needed.Its possible the prescription needs some adjusting.Im not qualified(must add this when dishing out advice!!!)It's just that I've had varifocals for years and the only pair not good were when I changed optician.After that went back to that well advertised place!!

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for this! I have only been at it an hour and already feel like stampling on them. I have heard of so many people having such better eye sight after cataract surgery. I think I'll opt for that, only without the cataracts!
It's a very successful surgery but has usual not for me though I'm fine now but had problems after surgery went on until recently nearly three years. The variofocals are great glasses when you get used to them,wear them continually until you forget you have them, just remember point your head in direction of what you are looking at and not by lowering your eyes at what your looking at.
You're going to get the hang of it quickly this way and you'll be doing it without thinking soon. K

Reactions: Ymdawd

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.2 lowest for awhile. if its snowed enough get a kids sled works well on logs. our drive slopes so calor gas bottles slide lovely. hi from shetland no snow up here.
Sunny here thankfully!K

Reactions: Ymdawd

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just seen the news re flooding.Hope no one is caught up in the bad flooding in the Lancaster Preston area.Just heard that the houses close to my old house near Lancaster are very badly flooded,plus other large areas.