What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Rie26

Type of diabetes
MODY
Hi Rie26 hope your feeling better today,I'm type2 not on meds. so not able to comment on gliclazide but other on here may be of help a few on that medication. K
Hiya, thanks for your reply :) not feeling 100% today I feel a bit icky. That's the only way to describe it really. Gliclazide seems to be a powerful drug lol. Was so annoyed I had a hypo as had done well for 2 weeks. I know it's my body and not me doing anything wrong though. Such a pain at times. Hope you're okay today x

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Rie26 hope your feeling better today,I'm type2 not on meds. so not able to comment on gliclazide but other on here may be of help a few on that medication. K
Hi @Rie26 my BG this morning was 5.8 and that's fine for me, BG dropped last night to 4.3 made me feel like legs where jelly and shaky and head fuzzy being in the 4 s is not good for me. Take care! K

Reactions: karen8967

Rie26

Type of diabetes
MODY
Hi @Rie26 my BG this morning was 5.8 and that's fine for me, BG dropped last night to 4.3 made me feel like legs where jelly and shaky and head fuzzy being in the 4 s is not good for me. Take care! K
Ooo yikes! I completely understand that when it's in the 4's! My DN told me that 4's are fine as that is normal for a non diabetic but it can still make you feel icky. Take care of yourself today too hun x

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hiya, thanks for your reply :) not feeling 100% today I feel a bit icky. That's the only way to describe it really. Gliclazide seems to be a powerful drug lol. Was so annoyed I had a hypo as had done well for 2 weeks. I know it's my body and not me doing anything wrong though. Such a pain at times. Hope you're okay today x
Thanks Rie26 this morning I'm fine it was an unusual feeling to say the least, I've had occasional lows in 4 s and similar effects had one once when I was driving had to call off and had a coffee with a glug of cream was alright again in a short time. It's very strange even after 17 years diabetes throws us some strange happenings.!K

Reactions: Rie26

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Presented with my 50 year's medal along with four others, well done guys.
27dda16d757cc25b316df2cfdac03c49.jpg
09a0f5e44c22a07a1090fc00156f4d17.jpg
259df417aec8888129a0ee72a217997a.jpg

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
3:30 I’ve just woken up so checked bloods.3.3 This really isn’t a pattern I want to get into so 5 jelly babies and a cuppa. One of my magic carb bars for after my cuppa and I should be good to go.
Morning Goacher55. What would we do without jelly babies? What was your "magic carb bar" by the way? I hope you are feeling better by now. Hypos are just horrible!

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning...what a day yesterday...off to collect some Christmas presents...just one or two to finish ...set off in good spirits...came home in a foul mood...couldn't find a parking space...elbowed out of the way by several other shoppers...lengthy waits...as for the roads...like The Circus Maximus...resolved to finish my shopping online...have them delivered direct to my door...got home...tea...news on...apparently after 'Black Friday' comes 'Cyber Monday'...too much for me...it was savage out there...woke to a 4.9.
Hope ' you have a more relaxing day today, Bubbsie.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks, it was different, as a 7 year old the needle for the glass syringe was nearly as thick as my leg lol, you had to boil the syringe and needle for 20 minutes and use them quite a long time.

Hi philchap1 Your dead right about the needle and syringe my sister is type1 since she was 10 years old now in her late 50s my mother was a very nervous parent when this happened. I'll never forget she was given a syringe and needle and told to practice injections on an orange before my sister was allowed home. Food was counted in units of carbs proteins and I think fruits, so long ago now. It was extremely hard for both of them Has my sister loved her sweets from local toffee shop,and found every opportunity to eat them. She has some quite serious health problems mostly vascular but she's still here and gets about,and hopefully will for many more years!K

Reactions: philchap1

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All good Karen thanks for asking he was happy with everything I’m doing said I’m doing really well and came away with the libre I was in shock I only asked about it got to go back in February that’s when I’ll have my first hba1c test results see what there saying
Off to the foot clinic today for the first time see what there saying all the wheels are turning now believe it’s the opticians next stop
thats great about libre with mine i still do finger pricks but no where near as what i used to do and 8/10 times libre and finger have been in sync ive been drs and asked if they would prescribe sensors for me dr said he would have to ask management team if i can have them needless to say im still waiting for reply but feel so much more confident knowing what bloods are doing 24/7 rather than just a snap shot with finger pricking ive had me feet checked and eyes all was fine with them how come you have got to wait till feb for hba1c test ive been diagnosed 7 months and have had 3 plus my results a couple of days later its alot to take in at first isnt it but you seem to be managing brilliantly so hope everything goes well with feet and eyes ;):)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
BG 5.8
With a 4.3 low before bed last night!K
hi kathleen it might be your antibiotics causing bgs to drop i would check with dr if it happens again :)i feel awful when im in the low 4s myself legs go shakey and everything i feel great around high 5s/6s but im very rare in them numbers dn said thinking about changing my insulin cos no matter what i spike after eating regardless of what it is although im normally bk in range by next meal ive tried taking insulin 20 mins b4 i eat, just as im about to eat ,and even after ive eaten but still spike she has even put me on metformin at teatime and breakfast but dont think thats working but got appointment with consultant in a fortnight so will discuss it then hope you have no more 4s take care :);)