What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I’m in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada. -20°c is uncomfortable but in the depths of winter-40°c without a windchill is quite common. We have hit -53° with windchill so it does get cold.

In -20°c I can still go outside for a limited time in just jeans and a t-shirt. The older I get though, the less amount of time I can endure it.

-18°c this morning and 5.3 at 6:00am and little light snow.
Hi Troubled1 don't know how you stand those kind of temperatures it must be the worst kind of cold I can imagine. Do take care of yourself sod the tee shirt get a woolly jumper on! Haha!! Kathleen

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sounds like your having a rough time at the moment. Take care and keep warm.
Hi paula121s yes I am but seeing the BG going up when your trying to maintain is soul destroying, I will chat on here love the interaction but will leave the BG until probably after Christmas has bronchitis lasts 21 days according to doctors. Thanks for your message. Anyway how are you coping with your pain levels,is it any better or not I'll be on and off during the day but now need something to eat so I will get back to you soon. K

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
And to think of the chaos here after a couple inches of cold!
Yup my gazebo is now a heap of scrap metal the weight of snow on it over night was just too much and yeh I know I should have sorted it out but was just too knackered yesterday.

Reactions: paula121s

paula121s

Hi paula121s yes I am but seeing the BG going up when your trying to maintain is soul destroying, I will chat on here love the interaction but will leave the BG until probably after Christmas has bronchitis lasts 21 days according to doctors. Thanks for your message. Anyway how are you coping with your pain levels,is it any better or not I'll be on and off during the day but now need something to eat so I will get back to you soon. K

Hi, not much change. Had a bad night last night, but fell asleep this morning for a couple of hours. I'm still in bed, working up the energy to get up! Very lazy . My bg is all over the place still I had a small yoghurt with blueberries and it shot up to 9.7!! Enjoy your lunch

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Troubled1 don't know how you stand those kind of temperatures it must be the worst kind of cold I can imagine. Do take care of yourself sod the tee shirt get a woolly jumper on! Haha!! Kathleen

The cold weather is like insulin resistance. The longer you are exposed to it, the less it effects you. I absolutely abhor winter and would prefer to only see it in National Geographic but it’s part of where I live.

On the flip side, summers do produce high 20’s to low 30°c temps so it do even out. I have noticed over the years that the weather patterns have changed somewhat. Instead of January being the coldest month for us, it’s now mid February to early March. Thankfully the heater in my 4wd works well as do the heated seats. The cold in itself isn’t all too bad but when any hint of wind is involved, that’s when it becomes bad.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Prem51

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@dogslife hope your soon well but I totally agree on this testing when your not well and was thinking along same lines myself this morning,mine with the meds is steadily climbing this morning it's 6.5 I'd gotten BG to in the 5s before starting with bronchitis.Its hard enough when we are well but too much when your unwell. Good luck K
Thanks Granny_grump. 6.5 is still within range and very good considering you are fighting this horrible bronchitis. I'm just hoping these cold symptoms don't cause my bronchitis to return. I don't think I've got the energy left to fight it again! Take care and feel better soon.

Reactions: Freema

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks Granny_grump. 6.5 is still within range and very good considering you are fighting this horrible bronchitis. I'm just hoping these cold symptoms don't cause my bronchitis to return. I don't think I've got the energy left to fight it again! Take care and feel better soon.
@dogslife You too hope you don't get it, so far this last month I've had a heavy cold then fighting Lymes disease from a tick bite then the cough which turned into bronchitis oh and gout. So I know where your coming from it's awful, hate winter ❄️ K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The cold weather is like insulin resistance. The longer you are exposed to it, the less it effects you. I absolutely abhor winter and would prefer to only see it in National Geographic but it’s part of where I live.

On the flip side, summers do produce high 20’s to low 30°c temps so it do even out. I have noticed over the years that the weather patterns have changed somewhat. Instead of January being the coldest month for us, it’s now mid February to early March. Thankfully the heater in my 4wd works well as do the heated seats. The cold in itself isn’t all too bad but when any hint of wind is involved, that’s when it becomes bad.
I have to admire your get on with it attitude @Troubled1 K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hope your feeling better soon
Hi @paula121s just switched on my dreamland heat pad placed it on my back whilst sat on settee watching tv,highest setting 5 wow! What a wonderful feeling of pure heat and a very warm lower back from which has been niggaling since I have to sit up in bed to get any sleep with this bronchitis. So thank you for the advice about these types of pads it was a bigger cost than the Lidl one but it's doing what I've paid for so happy!K
Just tested my BG again 10.1 after evening meal so I will now not post until after Christmas unless after I've finished my meds and I see a better BG results or when I've recovered from this cough! K which ever ones first ?

paula121s

Hi @paula121s just switched on my dreamland heat pad placed it on my back whilst sat on settee watching tv,highest setting 5 wow! What a wonderful feeling of pure heat and a very warm lower back from which has been niggaling since I have to sit up in bed to get any sleep with this bronchitis. So thank you for the advice about these types of pads it was a bigger cost than the Lidl one but it's doing what I've paid for so happy!K
Just tested my BG again 10.1 after evening meal so I will now not post until after Christmas unless after I've finished my meds and I see a better BG results or when I've recovered from this cough! K which ever ones first ?

That is good news. They are really good. So glad it's helping

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That is good news. They are really good. So glad it's helping
Hi@paula121s do hope you start getting some pain relief soon and some sleep, what are we like pain no sleep and raised BG not a good one between us! Haha!!K look after yourself. X

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Realised yesterday during the night that I've not seen Pavlosn online recently has anyone else seen any post from him? K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks, I'm seeing orthopaedic consultant tomorrow with MRI results, hopefully he may have a solution!

Hi@paula121s Wishing you a good outcome tomorrow with consultant,let us know how thing went. Best Wishes Kathleen

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@pavlosn just in case you have a peek online missing your beautiful photos to cheer me up whilst I'm confined to staying in doors, your my eyes to the outside world I cannot see until I'm well again. Your photos from your lovely island of Cyprus are awesome, we have lost Diabeticliberty recently let us not lose you too,would be fabulous to see you post a few of your photos again in the midst of winter. K