What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Bubbsie you don't half put some hours in take care, I know what you mean about snow and dogs mine are 9and 10 years old but it's Has if the floor might give way when they see snow one tender step then another its funny watching them,it's so cold on there soft paws. Enjoy rest of your day!K

I don't work at that pace often GG...only when I cover a duty period...thank goodness...enjoyed the walk with Harry...no delicate foot work from him...he loved it...practically dragged me to the park!...had to put some effort into keeping him under control...its melting now...relieved ...would not fancy driving in that!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early... but had a reasonable sleep...after a fraught (working) weekend feeling more 'with it' today...not a particularly well behaved diabetic yesterday...just one of those days when I needed that little something extra...relieved to wake a 5.0...back on track today.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. No test this morning as I've joined the ranks of those with good old fashioned cold symptoms for the last 2 days so expect levels to be raised anyway. Will start retesting again when I feel more human. Have a good week one and all and stay safe/ warm. :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning all. No test this morning as I've joined the ranks of those with good old fashioned cold symptoms for the last 2 days so expect levels to be raised anyway. Will start retesting again when I feel more human. Have a good week one and all and stay safe/ warm. :)
@dogslife hope your soon well but I totally agree on this testing when your not well and was thinking along same lines myself this morning,mine with the meds is steadily climbing this morning it's 6.5 I'd gotten BG to in the 5s before starting with bronchitis.Its hard enough when we are well but too much when your unwell. Good luck K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG this morning 6.5
In the 9/10s after food and meds last evening and in 7s before bed so shouldn't expect anything different,but I agree with dogslife and I may give the testing a rest until I'm over the worst of this bronchitis I'm still worn out most of the day and night everything is an effort. And when I see the BG rise it just stresses me out more,I know it's probably all that's happening at this time with lack of sleep meds excetera but seeing your BG going up when your trying to keep them in check is moral breaking.Take care of yourselves everyone it's supposed to be a bad winter for all these bugs! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
BG this morning 6.5
In the 9/10s after food and meds last evening and in 7s before bed so shouldn't expect anything different,but I agree with dogslife and I may give the testing a rest until I'm over the worst of this bronchitis I'm still worn out most of the day and night everything is an effort. And when I see the BG rise it just stresses me out more,I know it's probably all that's happening at this time with lack of sleep meds excetera but seeing your BG going up when your trying to keep them in check is moral breaking.Take care of yourselves everyone it's supposed to be a bad winter for all these bugs! K
sending big hugs kathleen :) xx

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
-20.? Where are you.? That is seriously cold in my books

I’m in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada. -20°c is uncomfortable but in the depths of winter-40°c without a windchill is quite common. We have hit -53° with windchill so it does get cold.

In -20°c I can still go outside for a limited time in just jeans and a t-shirt. The older I get though, the less amount of time I can endure it.

-18°c this morning and 5.3 at 6:00am and little light snow.

paula121s

Hope your feeling better soon

paula121s

Good morning everyone
BG this morning 6.5

Sounds like your having a rough time at the moment. Take care and keep warm.

paula121s

I’m in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada. -20°c is uncomfortable but in the depths of winter-40°c without a windchill is quite common. We have hit -53° with windchill so it does get cold.

In -20°c I can still go outside for a limited time in just jeans and a t-shirt. The older I get though, the less amount of time I can endure it.

-18°c this morning and 5.3 at 6:00am and little light snow.

And to think of the chaos here after a couple inches of cold!