What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve got my emergency physio appointment tomorrow I fell in October and as I can’t use my left arm / hand following strokes , I was given an emergency appointment as not being able to use my left and my right arms was deemed awkward. Anyway it’s tomorrow morning
All the best for tomorrow,I hope it goes well for you.My son had a stroke at twenty nine and had to learn to walk,talk and write again,physio was a great help,and the physios who worked with him were wonderful people.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The HbA1c reduction from 85 to 46 is good.
48 and above is diabetic. 42-47 is pre-diabetic, and below 42 is non-diabetic.
You have done well to lower your HbA1c so much in less than 3 months. Keep on doing what you are doing and you should get into the non-diabetic range by your next HbA1c test.
The background retinopathy would be due to your former high HbA1c, it should improve as you lower your blood sugars.

Thank you so much!
Enjoy the holiday season.
God bless!

Reactions: Prem51

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
no you must not. ive been reclassified as type 2 do not come off your insulin it would be suicide.
Sorry, I thought you were type 1 for some reason. Until I get a proper diagnosis, I'm working (perhaps optimistically) on the principal that the insulin is merely an interim thing until things stabalise. No HCP has actually said type 1 or LADA yet, just to "treat it" as type 1.

Reactions: ziggy_w

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry, I thought you were type 1 for some reason. Until I get a proper diagnosis, I'm working (perhaps optimistically) on the principal that the insulin is merely an interim thing until things stabalise. No HCP has actually said type 1 or LADA yet, just to "treat it" as type 1.
it was the same with me. im still not sure if they are right or not. but b bg seems to be saying they are i fell from 68 units to none in 10 weeks. if it turns out your type 2 its possible. the others no chance.

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
it was the same with me. im still not sure if they are right or not. but b bg seems to be saying they are i fell from 68 units to none in 10 weeks. if it turns out your type 2 its possible. the others no chance.
And I get the impression it is going to be up to me, myself to work out if I'm type 2 or not, by experimentation. If the diabetic clinic aren't going to commit to a diagnosis after 5 weeks, I suspect they never will.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning all 7.2 for me have good day all
@ karen8967 Have you finished your Christmas shopping, can't believe I've forgotten some cards for our neighbors so need to go out again,and later we need to take to the motorways to pick up my eldest son who's coming home for Christmas. Looking forward to this,not seen him for a while but we talk on phone most days! K Have a lovely Christmas and take care out and about over weekend!K

Reactions: karen8967

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.4 this morning.

@Goacher55 -- hope your appointment goes well and they'll be able to help.
@JohnEGreen -- what a lot of determination, you must be really proud of your grandson.

Off to celebrate our wedding anniversary at a Brazilian rodizio restaurant, where they serve all-you-can-eat meat on skewers.