What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@Coldkallan

Hello and welcome to the Forum :) Here are links to the Basic Information and to the Low Carb Program which you will find in my signature. Ask as many questions as you want and someone will be able to help.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, and a 5.8 from me. Good liver! I think we're starting to get along better, and it needs a name. Henceforth, my liver shall be known as Bob.

(and now to bimble off to get my INR done. Hopefully that's adjusting to my new healthy, veggier diet and I won't have to get that tested as frequently.)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
7.7 at 9:15 What a shock didnt eat that Many grams of carbs Yesterday didnt measure right away But still shockingly High today
You'll get it down I know you will, I'm the same if I eat a small roll with home made veg and chicken soup like yesterday mine shot from 6.1 to 10.2 two hours later. I cannot tolerate many carbs myself,usually just keep to 1 toast with my bacon egg and mushrooms in a morning, but thought I'd try the roll has no carbs in the soup? K

Reactions: Cumberland

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You'll get it down I know you will, I'm the same if I eat a small roll with home made veg and chicken soup like yesterday mine shot from 6.1 to 10.2 two hours later. I cannot tolerate many carbs myself,usually just keep to 1 toast with my bacon egg and mushrooms in a morning, but thought I'd try the roll has no carbs in the soup? K

haha yes I did go to the fitness center today and burned really alot , and then I remembered that I did drink like 40ml gerimax right after I entered my kitchen... that was the reason to the very raised morning blood glucose it even went up till 10.1 mmol ... so lesson learned never ever buy Gerimax again.. it is just not suited for diabetics when the ginseng is disolved in pure glucose

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2.6 :/

I didn't feel it either on waking but this poached egg (edit) gave the game away :)
26754436_10156194742210116_1183827778_n.jpg

okay that is really ..scary .hope you are okay again

Falkirk_airs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I'm new to this, not long diagnosed type 2, a bit confused , do you still count calories, am starting to do low carbs, 125 - 150 and work my way down.
Am not on mess, diet only, bought myself a Glucose meter, and my fasting glucose this morning was 7.2, but this was after a shower.
Did test 2 hours after breakfast of porridge, 27 carbs, and my reading was 6.6.
Don't know if I'm doing things right.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
okay that is really ..scary .hope you are okay again

Yeah I'm fine thanks :) rose to 14 but as I've got test strips now I had a 2u Humalog correction jab and I'm a happy 7.3 :)

Hope you are ok, what happened to the toast ?

Toast? That'd mean margarine or sore gums :) so I just eat dry wholemeal bread at 16g carbs a slice x 2 slices with 3 poachies each day.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I'm fine thanks :) rose to 14 but as I've got test strips now I had a 2u Humalog correction jab and I'm a happy 7.3 :)

Toast? That'd mean margarine or sore gums :) so I just eat dry wholemeal bread at 16g carbs a slice x 2 slices with 3 poachies each day.
Ooooò hot toast smothered in butter for me every time mmmmsorry !!!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi, I'm new to this, not long diagnosed type 2, a bit confused , do you still count calories, am starting to do low carbs, 125 - 150 and work my way down.
Am not on mess, diet only, bought myself a Glucose meter, and my fasting glucose this morning was 7.2, but this was after a shower.
Did test 2 hours after breakfast of porridge, 27 carbs, and my reading was 6.6.
Don't know if I'm doing things right.
Seems to me you've made a good start fbg is always the slowest to come down.
As to calories some count them some don't I as it happens do as I found it helped me lose weight faster.
Dropping your carbs incrementally is a good idea gives you time to adjust I tend to try and stay within 50 - 80 grams a day some go lower others try for about 50 - 100 grams it's a matter of personal choice what suits you and what your goals are and time frame you set yourself to achieve your goal.

Use your meter to find what foods are ok for you and those that you should avoid by testing before and after eating.

Any way best of luck with your efforts and hope your journey is not too much of a bumpy one. :)