What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 7.6 this morning at 9.25 am. ( I was expecting it to be higher due to steroid injection). Overslept after yesterday's hospital visit and a stressful visit to mum's last night. Still feeling very tired but was awoken by lovely bright sunlight. :joyful: Enjoy your day one and all whatever you are doing.:)

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There was a thread on this topic about 4 years ago. Someone suggested camomile tea helps. My grandson asks for this when he runs the house so we have some for me to try.

Mick, if you like your single malts and haven't been yet, try visiting Wadsworths in St Ives. You will be in paradise!

You are excused boots alf. As you were. Surely that should be a kitchen supper, Alfred?

I have been, but I have my own little secret heaven, in Birmingham (I visit on business regularly), and it is
Hard To Find Whisky, in the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham. from £30 - £70,000 a bottle:woot:. Plus it is a wonderful friendly place, as is The Whisky Shop Norwich

Reactions: Cumberland

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Something is very rotten in the state of Denmark this morning, 6.1, very heavy thighs and eyes. Broke a lawnmower yesterday during 100 mins cutting grass, weeds and general undergrowth. Then walked dogs in woods so I am putting it all down to hay fever/tree pollen. Anyone else have raised numbers from this?
hope you feel back to yourself soon ian :nurse:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well spotted Mick. In response to the keeping wine, I have some laid down for my 66th and 70th birthdays and beyond. At one stage I had cask and bottle numbered single malts (with certificate of authentication) and Claret from the Chateau but my son had an epic party and disposed of them. He told me he didn't think much of them:banghead:
ooops :wideyed:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Karen. I had a swimming lesson and felt better, then I fell asleep so we shall see what happens next. Thanks for the sympathy regarding number 1 son and his bibulous pals.
glad you felt better and my own sons are quite fond when its not coming out of there pockets ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully, I have found a scientific reason for my woes this morning having never really suffered with hay fever. This may also explain some problems others may be having
https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/this-year-will-be-bad-for-hay-fever-sufferers/
I am surrounded by trees and all the dog walks are in areas with lots of trees. Symptoms were worse Sunday and fbg high this morning.
Alternatively, as Geldorf said:
Now, it ain't so neat to admit defeat
They can see no reasons
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need oh, woah :***:
(Yes, I know it is Tuesday)

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hopefully, I have found a scientific reason for my woes this morning having never really suffered with hay fever. This may also explain some problems others may be having
https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/this-year-will-be-bad-for-hay-fever-sufferers/
I am surrounded by trees and all the dog walks are in areas with lots of trees. Symptoms were worse Sunday and fbg high this morning.
They can see no reasons

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
They can see no reasons
It's at times like this I wish I could take anti-histamine daughter feels the same as she is actually allergic to it .

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One way round that is to have 3 wine fridges (and numerous racks) - purely because we live in the country and one must offer visitors a choice:angelic: Lucinda Stalkinghorse Ffelowes would be outraged if one had no Rotgipfler. http://www.waitrosecellar.com/white...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJ7Myceo0toCFRIX0wodcCcLNg

Ianpspurs you have proved yet again that you have great self control, certainly more than me.
We do have wine racks - all currently empty, and even a wine fridge which is full of fizzy water.
We have found that if we buy it we drink it, all of it, in an unseemly short space of time. Our solution is to buy just one or max 2 bottles at a time to save us from our own gluttony.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@eggs11 this seems to be the common message today. Quite a lot of people haven't done anything differently or they have and it should have resulted in lower numbers. Shake your head if you can't fathom it.

I’m shaking!