What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Am away this week in a cute cottage on (very nearly) the Tamar estuary. Haven’t been testing FBG until this morning and it was 7.1. Its very abnormal eating differently and taking strong painkillers to keep the sciatica at bay. @ianpspurs and @Ryhia best wishes and thoughts for your treatments.
Have a good Tuesday everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Am away this week in a cute cottage on (very nearly) the Tamar estuary. Haven’t been testing FBG until this morning and it was 7.1. Its very abnormal eating differently and taking strong painkillers to keep the sciatica at bay. @ianpspurs and @Ryhia best wishes and thoughts for your treatments.
Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Thank you for the thoughts and you take care of yourself. Enjoy the cute cottage and to most of the world LC is the abnormal eating. Keep fighting friends - whatever happened to @Freema?

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. :) Thought bloods would have been higher as I have got a diary full of hospital appointments for the rest of the week, MRI scan today, physio appt tomorrow and Eye and feet check Friday. NHS must be short of patients.:angelic:. Actually, I can only commend the response by the MSK Department - I was referred on the 9th August by my GP. I was seen by the consultant on 29th August who fast tracked me for the other appointments. I am very grateful that they have been so proactive, I know that the consultant has been working weekends and bank holidays to get his backlog down. It looks like I have been one of the ones to benefit.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. :) Thought bloods would have been higher as I have got a diary full of hospital appointments for the rest of the week, MRI scan today, physio appt tomorrow and Eye and feet check Friday. NHS must be short of patients.:angelic:. Actually, I can only commend the response by the MSK Department - I was referred on the 9th August by my GP. I was seen by the consultant on 29th August who fast tracked me for the other appointments. I am very grateful that they have been so proactive, I know that the consultant has been working weekends and bank holidays to get his backlog down. It looks like I have been one of the ones to benefit.
5.2 here :angelic: I hope everything goes well with all those appointments and yes the NHS is playing a blinder. Drive through blood tests for me today before phone consultation on Friday to confirm Monday's Chemo goes ahead. Some hospitals/clinics are cancelling apparently. Thoughts and prayers with you and everyone else caught up in this (some would say self inflicted) muddle. (Proud of myself for cleaning that up)

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 here :angelic: I hope everything goes well with all those appointments and yes the NHS is playing a blinder. Drive through blood tests for me today before phone consultation on Friday to confirm Monday's Chemo goes ahead. Some hospitals/clinics are cancelling apparently. Thoughts and prayers with you and everyone else caught up in this muddle.
Yes, Ian my thoughts and prayers are with you too.